Skip to content

Skyrim Baldur's Gate Mod

Hi I'm new here so i wasn't sure where to post this. I've been working on a mod that's essentially a recreation of Candlekeep so far from Baldur's Gate. It uses ported models from oblivion, however this is a personal project that I've done for fun and I don't intend to make it public unless i managed to replace all the ported models.

Only the inner grounds and the keep itself are mostly finished: Anyway here's some screens (all WIP) attached:
SilverstarShinEudaemoniumCrevsDaakNonnahswriterronaldoabacusCuvGamingFreakFredjobbearjackjackHeindrichrdarkenFlashburnJLeebadbromanceelminsterAdulbooinyoureyesO_BruceBelgarathMTHChildofBhaal599CoryNewbaqzinaEalcmharIllustairCalmarAkuroSCARY_WIZARDKalesraTroodon80MrScrewedxSoltraAkerhonJuliusBorisovGemHoundmeaglothTethorilofLathanderBlackravenTetraploidSoren_The_WildSharGuidesMyHandbatjellyTuthFlora

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nice going, welcome to the forums.
    CrevsDaakJLee
  • xeye101xeye101 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks i'll have a video and more screens if anyone is interested
    CrevsDaak
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    If you made Candlekeep into a player home than I'd definitely be interested. I could use a nice scholarly home to suit my mage builds :)
    CoryNewbAristilliusCaptRory
    That could be possible! I've started on parts of the interior castle. I'll have screenshots soon
    CrevsDaakFredjoFlashburn
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Really impressive!
    CrevsDaak
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    very nice!
    CrevsDaaklunar
    Cheers :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Looking good so far
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Wow great job!
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    That is ... truly amazing!
    CrevsDaak
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2014
    Am i the only one who noticed?

"It uses ported models from oblivion"

This is not allowed. I am fairly certain that it is illegal; but it could be just Bethesda's policy that they do not allow the use of ported assets from other games including Elder Scrolls games in Skyrim.
    You won't actually ever be able to release this mod to the public. Not if you are using Oblivion assets.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @fitscotgaymer Porting game files is not illegal or prohibited if one owns both games. It is, however, prohibited to release ported game files to the public. Xeye101 said that this was a personal project and that he wouldn't release it publicly unless he managed to replace all the ported assets.
    jackjackCaptRoryAristillius
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Wonderful job. But I'm still not touching Skyrim.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    We are taking over the computer game world from the inside... mwahahahaha
    FredjoCrevsDaakCaptRory
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @Adul

That's exactly what I said dude.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

Am i the only one who noticed?

"It uses ported models from oblivion"

This is not allowed. I am fairly certain that it is illegal; but it could be just Bethesda's policy that they do not allow the use of ported assets from other games including Elder Scrolls games in Skyrim.
    You won't actually ever be able to release this mod to the public. Not if you are using Oblivion assets.

yet there is always a way it seems. look at morroblivion and the Skyrim conversions by the same time that brought Oblivion and Morrowind into the Skyrim engine. Maybe it's not too bad if he has an installer that requires an Oblivion installation?

I realize those projects were met with trouble but they are still around and have been for a while. I am not sure if that fixed the problem or not.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited January 2014
    Well prohibitions are only as powerful as the measures taken to enforce them. If you're not making money doing this, there isn't much cause to forcefully stop this development. EDIT and the publisher isn't losing money either, so...
    @fitscotgaymer Ah, okay then. I misinterpreted your words and thought you were disapproving of Xeye101's work.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Very nicely done! I will keep my eye on this thread!
    CrevsDaakjackjackAristillius
  • kexikkexik Member Posts: 28
    I did quite the opposite way to use Skyrim and Oblivion assets to use in an isometric view. I hope it should be fine using those assets only for mods.
    JuliusBorisovAdulTroodon80
    @kexik Those look amazing! Nicely done!
    JuliusBorisov
  • kexikkexik Member Posts: 28
    This is not my work, I just used those incredible assets...
    I know, but you used them well. It looks like they would fit in the IE quite nicely.
    JuliusBorisov
    2023 update...qqoiv238yqre.png
    efuvajyutl9r.png
    yazoq122rwt4.png
    2lpa1dj2t45g.png
    xagabpcybm7p.png
    ce56xbtgpz6v.png
    j74fbthjyua7.png
    tlwq6d00p0wp.png
    urebfxsso1u3.png
    31fab5qf8d4c.png
    qxwvyuesaacc.png
    dgp60uuatk4p.png
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Amazing!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    These look fantastic. Did you manage to replace the ported models?