Skip to content

[SOUNDSETs & PORTRAITS] - (WIP) The Presidential Pack

ABSofficialABSofficial Member Posts: 7
edited January 2023 in General Modding
DO NOT POLITICIZE THIS.

Let's respect everyone here. This is satire. Any political rantings, opinions or attempts to jack this thread or politicize it in any way will be reported.

This is a project I work on in my spare time and is licensed under CC. Use it however you want.

A project for Infinity engine games from the 1990's (Specifically Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, though it can work with BG2EE and IWDEE as well) to add custom portraits and sound packs for US presidents and presidential candidates. This project is not a reflection of political stance. Plans are to continue to add portraits and sound packs for US presidents and presidential candidates going backward in time.
  • All figures will be demonized into the Tiefling race, regardless of their political stance.
  • Sound packs are English only and use actual audio clips from the actual public figures themselves from around the internet, mashed up to create something that reflects their personality and not their political stance.
  • In this way, to remain canonical to Faerun and the Dungeons and Dragons theme and universe, I've made a deliberate effort to refrain from using audio clips containing words like "America" or "We the People" etc.
  • The goal is to establish a sense of character transcendence from real-world US leaders into the Forgotten Realms lore in a satirical, light-hearted way that is neutral.

UPDATE:
Discovered action instances where many more sound files can be added to packs. As a result, the packs for Trump and Biden will be updated to include almost twice the current number of sound files.

Work continues on all four of the following presidents / presidential candidates:

Portraits:
0bklbbj981iv.pngx16m7fbd6v49.png

Sound pack for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are coming next!
nycv9ogdulox.pngliqaxlfpwkgu.png

Sound pack showcases on YouTube:
Donald Trump
Joe Biden

Video is only showing the current state of these sound packs.

FILE ALSO HOSTED ON GITHUB:
https://github.com/ABS-official/PresidentialPackProject

Massive updates coming soon.

Stay tuned!

Happy gaming!
Yours truly,
ABS Official

Subscribe on YouTube and hit the bell if you want to get notified when I post new videos.
Follow me on Twitter as well, I post video updates there too.
Post edited by ABSofficial on

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @ABSofficial
    Well, this was a LOL-worthy surprise! Thankee and Merry Christmas!
  • ABSofficialABSofficial Member Posts: 7
    @Endarire Thank ye kindly, friend! It's my pleasure.
    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!
    Just as a side note; The dimensions of the portrait files in the zip themselves are far more optimized for the game than these pasted images. The one in the YouTube video is before I chopped it so it's a bit skewed there.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy and appreciate this stuff for what it is.

Cheers!
    May we get this preserved for posterity on GitHub?

Thankee!
    edited January 2023
    Post edited by ABSofficial on
    I recommend making one GitHub repository per project/mod as it's easier to find and maintain that way.

Regardless, thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    I recommend making one GitHub repository per project/mod as it's easier to find and maintain that way.

Regardless, thankee!

I am actually working on a Joe Biden soundpack as we speak. Already finished the portrait :wink:
    I think I am going to make an entire "Presidential Pack" . After I'm done with Biden, I'm going to start work on a Barack Obama, and continue backwards in time from there.
    edited January 2023
    Endarire wrote: »

Regardless, thankee!

Large project update.
    Joe Biden portrait and sound pack has been added and this project is now a long term for-fun endeavor.
    https://github.com/ABS-official/PresidentialPackProject

NEXT UP:
    BARACK OBAMA!
    Added hillary clinton
    @ABSofficial
    What's your progress on Obama?

Thankee!