Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    Nothing happens until chapter 6.

When the big update comes, the entire quest has a timer rather than only happening at chapter 6, so if you spend a lot of time in chapter 2 it can happen sooner. But as of current version, you have to wait until later chapters.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Any guesstimate as for when the big update might come out?
    I am aiming for the end of January for the BG1 part, and the end of March for the BG2 part. A bit of a delay, sorry!
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    I wonder what requirements need to be met for a messenger to appear to tell her that she should appear at the inn. It's been quite a long time since I talked to some people about voting. Any help?
    edited January 2023
    Currently it's anywhere except the graveyard in Athkatla in chapter 6. (In the future it will be timered and can happen in any chapter except 4 and 5)
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    Skitia wrote: »
    Currently it's anywhere except the graveyard in Athkatla in chapter 6. (In the future it will be timered and can happen in any chapter except 4 and 5)

In chapter 6! That's my answer. I'm in chapter 3. So I guess it's time to drop her and do Helga quest. Are there any consequences for kicking her or any of the other NPCs from mod out of a squad?
    Nope, no consequences.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Not sure if you're still looking for Crossmod suggestions, but I'd throw in Domi's Kivan with Emily. Not for any particular reason other than that at some point in the future I want to see what a party looks like with AionZ's Rogue Archer as the PC and Emily and Kivan all as Archers.
    Hi, any news or estimates on when the big update for this mod might be released?
    I'm currently planning on breaking it into another couple of parts since it's difficult for me to find as much time to mod, as I feel like it will ship sooner rather than much later:
    -Part 1: BG2 updates (no new NPC yet though.) This includes banters with the bear Winston, Helga's quest changes/additions, a Helga option for a priest/fighter multi, and Vienxay's quest changes, and if I can finish it, flirts for everyone. (Kale's has been done for a while, so there's just 3 more to do.)
    -Part 2: BG1 updates with new NPC. New NPC is incorporated into Emily's mod, and BG1 Helga will also now get the priest/fighter multi update. NPCs will all get the approval system as well that only Recorder has in BG1.
    -Part 3: BG2 updates with new NPC.
    -Part 4: Merging all of the BG1 NPC mods into one file.

The code for the new NPC will be in all the parts, but I'll disable the code that creates them until it is ready.

The problem is just finding the time. This weekend looks a bit hopeful for progress.

I'm currently working on my Masters so that is the main time-eater. I'm also expecting a child and that is the other time eater. Between that and a job, time is definitely shorthanded as of late. I'm going to try though to better push in a small block of time for Baldur's Gate so it doesn't stall like it has.
    I'm currently planning on breaking it into another couple of parts since it's difficult for me to find as much time to mod, as I feel like it will ship sooner rather than much later:
    -Part 1: BG2 updates (no new NPC yet though.) This includes banters with the bear Winston, Helga's quest changes/additions, a Helga option for a priest/fighter multi, and Vienxay's quest changes, and if I can finish it, flirts for everyone. (Kale's has been done for a while, so there's just 3 more to do.)
    -Part 2: BG1 updates with new NPC. New NPC is incorporated into Emily's mod, and BG1 Helga will also now get the priest/fighter multi update. NPCs will all get the approval system as well that only Recorder has in BG1.
    -Part 3: BG2 updates with new NPC.
    -Part 4: Merging all of the BG1 NPC mods into one file.

The code for the new NPC will be in all the parts, but I'll disable the code that creates them until it is ready.

The problem is just finding the time. This weekend looks a bit hopeful for progress.

I'm currently working on my Masters so that is the main time-eater. I'm also expecting a child and that is the other time eater. Between that and a job, time is definitely shorthanded as of late. I'm going to try though to better push in a small block of time for Baldur's Gate so it doesn't stall like it has.

Oh, I see. Thank you for explaining.

I look forward the most to the flirts and the Vienxay changes, as I really like romance in this game and Vienxay's story in general (even sans the romance part...though I love romancing her too) so I wonder if these will be released only alongside other planned features as a huge update or as soon as they are finished.

Personally I hope for the latter though I do not want to sound pushy...
    Most of part 1 and part 2 are done, so I'm hoping to do it in four increments. If my updates start getting any further behind, then I will just start releasing what I have finished.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    HI Skitia,
    I am using this mod in BG2EE. I am doing the
    Tome of Myth Drannor quest
    . The first part in the journal says to go to the
    Temple of Ohgma in the Temple disctrict
    . However,
    Ohgma is in the docks district
    (just confirmed that is the place to find the person). Wanted to let you know the text sends people to the wrong place.
    edited April 2023
    Thanks, I'll fix it when I release part 1 of the update. (Aiming for the 30th for that, but life has been cruel with time for me for quite some time.)
    edited April 2023
    I am having an issue with Vienxay in BG2EE v2.6.6.0 where if my MC is a Warlock (Artemius mod), she will not speak to me after I pay her fine when I first meet her. I click on her and move next to her, but nothing happens and no dialog starts. She talks fine with my Fighter(4) Shadow Adept(10) (also an Artemius mod) dual class MC, so I was wondering if there is some class dependency that doesn't account for Warlock?
    There's no class checks at all in her starting dialogue. Check what value this variable is set to: C:GetGlobal("X3VieMet","GLOBAL")
    There's no class checks at all in her starting dialogue. Check what value this variable is set to: C:GetGlobal("X3VieMet","GLOBAL")

I can't find this. Where do I look?
    edited April 2023
    Use the console, ctrl space to access. Make sure SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') is added to your baldur.lua file in your documents folder that contains your baldur's gate directory.

Or use EEKeeper and look in Global variables. If it's not there, then it means something interrupted the variable from being set. Just type in C:SetGlobal("X3VieMet","GLOBAL",-1) if you paid for it, or -2 if you decided to let her get arrested. Or again, add the variable in globals in EEKEEPER. whatever your preference.
    I used Near Infinity and found the entry missing. I added it and now she has joined my party!
    Thank you!
    Any news/updates on Skitia NPCs?
    I am hoping to have an update soon, I've added getting a first home along with my graduate degree and new child coming that are all really eating at my time, so I'm sorry about not meeting my self-imposed deadlines!
    I am hoping to have an update soon, I've added getting a first home along with my graduate degree and new child coming that are all really eating at my time, so I'm sorry about not meeting my self-imposed deadlines!

Hmmm, no chance of releasing what you have already finished? You probably won't have much time till your graduate degree is finished.

Speaking of which if you don't mind me asking, what is the field that you are doing your masters? Programming maybe?

Anyway good luck with that and stay strong! :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Skitia, thanks for helping the IE modding community so much before doing so much adulting!
    Mothor wrote: »

Hmmm, no chance of releasing what you have already finished? You probably won't have much time till your graduate degree is finished.

Speaking of which if you don't mind me asking, what is the field that you are doing your masters? Programming maybe?

Anyway good luck with that and stay strong! :)

Pretty much, it's a Computer Science Masters. I'd like to transition from my current job as a Web Dev to Software Engineering.

I have only a few days of work to finish part 1 of my increment, it's not much and I know I'll eventually have time to tucker down and get it done. Pretty much all of my increments are like that, about 80%-90% done, so I'd hate to leave it slightly unfinished.
    Any realistic guesstimate for when the update might come? Like July or September?
    I intend for the delay to be just weeks rather than months. I just can't make any promises.
    I intend for the delay to be just weeks rather than months. I just can't make any promises.

Got it, I'm sorry if I sounded pushy.
    So...any update on how the mod is doing?
    I'm going to be pushing out updates in very small increments. (Except the first one, which is a bit larger). The first one will be done next week for my BG2 NPC mod. Even if it's not ready, I'm going to push the update for it next week with whatever is finished. Currently it includes:

-New quest content and changes for Helga and Vienxay.
    -Flirts (Kale/Emily are done, Recorder and Vienxay are pending, hence the next week release date.)
    -New Rest Talks.
    -Kale's Warden class modified.
    -New Banters with Wilson.

The next increment after will be labeled as a separate test release which will basically have everything, I have done at the moment for the BG1 mods. This will include the new NPC and a lot of things I haven't gotten to thoroughly test yet, hence "test" in its release name. When a good portion is done (For example, all of BG1 content, all of SoD content) I'll release it as a normal increment.

It's going slow because as I said, I am doing my Masters. I have also just purchased a new home and doing a bit of needed TLC on it. I'm also preparing for my first child, who I'll probably give birth to within the next two weeks. The combination of these things have basically made finding time for modding hard, which usually requires several hours of focus. But at least the BG2 update I've promised is close now!
  • moggadeetmoggadeet Member Posts: 8
    Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for all your hard work.