Skip to content

BGEE Leveled Spawns Mod - v0.3 [UPDATED 2014-12-27]

13»

Comments

• DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2023
    @GraionDilach is there a mod that does affect the respawn rate in BG2EE?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    jmerry's Tweaks has a component to increase the spawn blobs, Enemy Randomizer changes their content... and there's BuTcHeRy.
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 99
    @GraionDilach kinda looking for somthing that increases the times for respawns like this mod, because I hate completing an area then on rest I have spawns at a location as if I didn't just kill em.

Like in Nalias Castle, you clear out the trolls but the trolls are still there outside after killing Torgol, it just breaks immersion.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Respawn rate? I didn't touch that. My components only mess with the number of spawned creatures (in the latest version, one for bigger potential numbers and one for difficulty scaling SoD-style).

Spawn points in the vanilla game are a rather tricky but surprisingly flexible system; there are parameters for "difficulty", "spawn frequency", and others. And then BG2(EE) just ignores the system. Leave the "difficulty" so low that it'll only ever summon one monster. Leave monster "power levels" at zero so they spawn to the cap even with the low "difficulty". Leave the "spawn frequency" at zero so the point resets as soon as you leave the area and come back. There's a reason this mod is for BGEE only; working with BG2EE spawn points in any meaningful way requires you to apply considerable repairs to the system first.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited March 2023
    jmerry wrote: »
    There's a reason this mod is for BGEE only; working with BG2EE spawn points in any meaningful way requires you to apply considerable repairs to the system first.

That's not the reason though. You're otherwise right, but for the wrong reasons.

When Tutu was developed, the spawnpoint logic was less understood and the spawnpoints felt bugged. At one point someone just shrugged and outright disabled that logic in favor of indetectable traps spawning groups via scripting. This mod is basically just that, the invisible trap-based spawning system ripped out from the classic takes and reevaluated a few times. The BGSpawn mod on Spellhold Studios works the same way btw, the main difference between the two is that this one relies on native BGEE monsters (and more unison spawns, still trying to replicate the BG1 spawning somewhat) while BGSpawn attempts to shake up group composition via backporting BG2 monsters where they could be relevant (so BG2 Hobgoblin Captain, Gnoll Captain etc).