Skip to content

Help with Necromancer

MortiisMortiis Member Posts: 6
Hey guys!

I come to ask for the opinion and some instructions for those who can help. Out of all the games you can choose Necromancer, I definitely do. I would like some tips, because I want to start from Necro in BG1 (EE), go through SoD and finish in BG2 (EE). I play on android, so I don't use any mods. If playing with necro, I won't be able to use illusion school spells, and I'm willing to do that. The question is, should I play pure necromancer or Cleric/Mage or Necro/Cleric? In case of dual class, at what level should I duplicate?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i would say, stick with necromancer the whole way, if you dual class with necro first than cleric, you really aren't giving the necromancer glass much justice

for cleric/mage the only advantage is that they tons of spells, but depending on how much you do, it is entirely possible that you will not get level 8 or 9 mage spells until the near end of ToB

so i say stick with necro, crank that INT and really take advantage of those necro spells
  • MortiisMortiis Member Posts: 6
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i would say, stick with necromancer the whole way, if you dual class with necro first than cleric, you really aren't giving the necromancer glass much justice

for cleric/mage the only advantage is that they tons of spells, but depending on how much you do, it is entirely possible that you will not get level 8 or 9 mage spells until the near end of ToB

so i say stick with necro, crank that INT and really take advantage of those necro spells

Thanks for the help, friend! I got a 92 on the dice roll. I will complete the entire necro saga, despite the challenges of not being able to use the school of illusion. Thanks also for the quick response.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Mortiis wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Thanks for the help, friend! I got a 92 on the dice roll. I will complete the entire necro saga, despite the challenges of not being able to use the school of illusion. Thanks also for the quick response.

no problemo, although the only "problem" i can see in the foreseeable future is not being able to use the level 7 spell mass invisibility which is a really great buff spell ( not 100% necessary to have it, but it sure is nice if you do ) so if you can in SoA/ToB having a back up mage like imoen or Jan so they can cast it instead would be a good idea ( plus they can also be used as your dedicated thief as well - although Jan being better for thieving - so its win/win )

and nicely done on the 92 roll
  • BardsSuck_BardsSuck_ Member Posts: 133
    Hope you are playing evil, i dont think a good necromancer makes any sense from RP perspective.