Skip to content

Game Sort of Freezes After Waukeen's Promenade Fight Cutscene

I am playing an offline EE Trilogy game (version 2.5.16.6) and have just finished the initial dungeon in SoA.

The problem I'm having is that after I exit the dungeon and go to Waukeen's promenade, the Irenicus fight cutscene plays, Imoen and Irenicus get taken away to Spellhold, but then the game just sits there.
Background game music continues to play, but I am not able to control my Player Character or party members, which effectively freezes advancing the game. I'm thinking that some script is not firing properly, but don't know how to fix this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force my game to continue/advance?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Sounds like the cutscene script broke at the end, and failed before it could reach the EndCutSceneMode() command. I assume you don't have the interface?

Most of the time, this is a glitch, and not easily repeatable. Your best bet is to just force-quit out of the current broken cutscene, load a save from before the scene, and redo it.
  • TorvaldTorvald Member Posts: 19
    Good News! I finally got the custscene script to fully fire. Not quite sure exactly how I did it, but here is what I tried:

1. I kept reloading my last savegame; the first 9 times still didn't work, but the tenth time it did finally completely work.
    2. Also, on the tenth try, while I was unpaused at the initial dungeon exit and was thinking about something else, Frennedan the Greater Doppleganger finally caught up with my party, so I quickly killed him.
    3. Additionally on the tenth try, while still at the initial dungeon exit, I briefly activated the CLUA Console to see if I could use it to jump to Waukeen's Promenade. I saw that I could, but decided against doing that at the time, so just closed the CLUA Console.

Well, whichever of the above things fixed my script problem, my game is finally working again.

I will now once again gather my party and venture forth.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    One possibility in the EE is also to spamklick Escape and try to skip a cutscene - if it's skippable it might prevent the hanging.
    Glad it worked eventually for you.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    That ... if this cutscene is breaking nine times out of ten, something's seriously wrong. The cutscene in question is actually eight strung together; CUT01.BCS, CUT01A.BCS, CUT01B.BCS, ..., CUT01G.BCS. It's also skippable, at least once you reach the second part. Hitting Esc should get you out of it.

So, mods? Any versions of those scenes in your override folder?