Skip to content

[v1.67] Kale, a Halfling Barbarian for BG:EE, SoD and EET

1235»

Comments

• Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    Ah ok Thank you!
    I just really really like his old Portrait cause it portraits him as daring, young and confident. The new Portrait is nice but the Proportions and the Ricasso of the Sword shows him using a Zweihänder. I typically play him as a Warden and think his old Portrait fits his Bastard Sword Proficency a bit better. In my opinion the New Portrait really fits his Barbarian Class nicely.
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2022
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Ah ok Thank you!
    I just really really like his old Portrait cause it portraits him as daring, young and confident. The new Portrait is nice but the Proportions and the Ricasso of the Sword shows him using a Zweihänder. I typically play him as a Warden and think his old Portrait fits his Bastard Sword Proficency a bit better. In my opinion the New Portrait really fits his Barbarian Class nicely.
    This is interesting. I created Kayle's new portrait with the image of a two-handed sword-wielding barbarian in mind. I admit that his old portrait might better suit for the Warden class.
    Post edited by Acifer on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited September 2022
    @Skitia
    There should be a space between "Hit Dice:" and "d12."

Your More Info link is down.

Kale's alignment isn't listed on the first page but is on his page. (Unimportant?)
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Thanks, I corrected them all.

I'll have to re-add the allowance of ignoring .php again so the links don't break in other places.
    And re-write rules fixed, should make all links work that may be broken elsewhere.
    @Skitia
    To clarify, which of your NPCs are continuous between BG1 & BG2 on EET?

Thankee!
    All of them.
    Thankee!
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    Could Kale get another ability in BG2? Perhaps something like a short
    quickness or something like that.

Anyway, in his quest I can not find that guy who I thought was responsible
    for the killings. Could the hints be made to reveal a few more infos, e. g.
    which house or area the guy can be found after he has not showed up
    at a certain meeting place? Right now I am at a loss in which area he is.
    Should be a map marker in the Bridge District that designates it, if you have gotten that far.
    Should be a map marker in the Bridge District that designates it, if you have gotten that far.
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    edited February 27
    The Warden version of Kale that spawns in SoD seems to be bugged. He still has an undroppable bastard sword and his THAC0 is 20 despite being level 8. Happens when starting a new game in SoD or if you didn't have him in the party in BGEE.

ico7ajnngndv.png
    Also, when I was testing by jumping to Gullykin at the start of a game (because I noticed the bug last time I played and I wanted to check ahead of time), I saw that his PID dialogue seems to be the SoD version. Playing on EET. Don't know if this is an issue with the dialogue file itself or just variable checks.

2h8x6b3hjpag.png
    Ah, it's variable checks. As I'm learning EET seems to combine the SoD dialogue with the BG1 one, so I have to code it differently.

I'll fix that and the CRE file next week, just five days left for my Master's Program first.
    Good luck with your master's program! In the meantime I'll poke around and see if I can manually set some variables so I don't have to wait and reinstall everything, lol.