Skip to content

Went to see DnD: Honor Among Thieves, Got Free CLOTH MAP + MINI POSTER

ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
I went to the opening night of Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, and I got these two freebies:
  • A Cloth Map, in a clear resealable plastic bag, the cloth feels really nice quality
  • A Mini Poster

jwp9bmb8htw8.jpg

tiodech1164a.jpg

Post edited by ktchong on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Very cool!
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Very cool!

Agreed!

I'm going today. I hope I'll get the swag too, but I seriously doubt it. I'm on an island in the Caribbean. Surely they didn't send that stuff our here, lol.

In any case, we're happy for you, Ktchong. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2023
    Apparently different movie theater — but only a "premium" format — was giving out a different memorabilia for DnD: Honor Among Thieves on opening night.

I went to an IMAX Laser theater, which gave out a cloth map and a poster. (Which I got.)

The Dolby Cinema theater that opposites the IMAX theater I went to (they are in the same multiplex) was giving out a special limited-edition D20 dice, (plus a poster.)

Only the AMC theater chain has the IMAX Laser and Dolby Cinema premium formats. The Regal-Edward theater chain has different premium formats called 4DX, RPX and/or something. I wonder if Regal-Edward was also giving out freebies for the DnD opening night.

Obviously someone can't be at two different premium theaters on the same opening night at about the same time, so it is kinda suck that everyone can get only either the cloth map or the dice.
    Post edited by ktchong on
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Mega cool! :D Sadly I went on the 2nd week and there weren't any giveaways, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was a bit hesitant since D&D doesn't have the best track record when it comes to movie adaptations, but it was pretty entertaining, and it was obvious that the film makers did their best to treat the source material with reverence while still keeping the movie high-level enough so new viewers wouldn't be completely lost.

The cameo by the adventurers from the 1980's animated cartoon made my night. XD