Skip to content

[MOD] Athkatlan Grounds: The Bridge's Block

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited December 2021 in BGII:EE Mods
I am happy to Annonce my new quest mod. Smaller that others, yet it may still offer something to those that already know Athkatla too much!

bb1.jpg

ATHKATLAN GROUNDS: BRIDGE'S BLOCK

INTRODUCTION:

Bridge's Block is a small quest mod from the Athkatlan Grounds quest mod series, which adds new areas and quests to Shadow of Amn's main city location. This project adds two interior areas inside the great wall that's part of the Bridge District. From now on, you may enter that massive block and see what's inside. There you'll be able to meet new characters and see what they're up to. You'll also be able to take a new job - an investigation, as the Block's caretaker believes she saw a strange monster roaming the halls. Is that true, or was it only a figment of her imagination?

The mod adds 4 new quests, 2 new medium-sized areas, and a few new items and spells.

INSTALLATION AND COMPATIBILITY:

As with any other WeiDU mod: unzip the archive into your Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition directory and run Setup-BridgesBlock.exe. Note that this mod requires an up-to-date EE version of the game. With time, this mod will become available to those who use the old version of Baldur's Gate 2.

Forum
Download link

Enjoy!

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Excellent! B)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Thank you!

I forgot to mention that this is part of the Weasel Mod' Winter Releases 2021 :) And to make things even nicer, @Go_ForTheEyes prepared the Polish translation before the release, so this time the innitial version has 2 language options.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Another surprise, I haven’t finished current run but I’m already looking forward to the next one :)
    That's the point of WM's Winter Releases! :)
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    Congratulations on your release! :) I will definitely try this mod next time I install it!)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i will get to this eventually. i still need to play tangled oak as well.
    This one is tiny when compared with The Tangled Oak Isle, but I was always annoyed that those blocks at the Bridge District weren't available, so... yeah, here's the solution to that!
    @deratiseur just sent me the French translation and... it's now available to everyone! Download v1.2 and enjoy! :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I thought I would mention that I very much enjoyed this mod. Thanks!

The new tomes were well-balanced.

I loved that Hommet's custom spells are now available in BG2.

I especially liked the connection to the World of Greyhawk! :D
    (In my pen-and-paper games I use Greyhawk and have been a fan of that setting for decades.)
    Well, I'm glad you like it! :)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Tomes… sounds cool.

I am still on an older version of BG2:ee (iOS), so I will have to wait a bit to try it. But can anybody share what tomes you will find? The suspense is killing me :D
  • shaelmagisshaelmagis Member Posts: 10
    Hi there, Lava)
    I've got a problem with one sub quets
    The summoner from Bridge's Block - I found the two glyph fragment (left piece and bottom piece), but I cannot find the third fragment.Can you tell me where it is, please? I'm at Chapter 6 and I already finished it, only Chapter 7 is left
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    shaelmagis wrote: »
    Hi there, Lava)
    The summoner from Bridge's Block - I found the two glyph fragment (left piece and bottom piece), but I cannot find the third fragment.Can you tell me where it is, please? I'm at Chapter 6 and I already finished it, only Chapter 7 is left
    Slavers ship, pirate cave in seas bounty, guarded compound in temple district
  • shaelmagisshaelmagis Member Posts: 10
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    shaelmagis wrote: »
    Hi there, Lava)
    Slavers ship, pirate cave in seas bounty, guarded compound in temple district

THANK YOUUU))))
  • PellinorePellinore Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2022
    Hello Lava

This mod is not on the EET Mod Compatibility List (https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html), and also it has no EET tag on your website.

Does it mean that I really shouldn't install it as part of a big EET install (with Project Infinity)? Or can I try to make it work?

EDIT : I'm also curious about your Faldorn mod, which is not on the list. Thanks for all the great mods btw. I've loved the ones that I've tried so far.
    Hey!

Bridge's Block may actually work because I don't think there is anything in there that would special adjustments for EET. The new area is not added to the worldmap, so no problem with X Y coordinates, I don't think there are any chapter checks, and there are no NPCs in the mod, so no additional stuff is needed on that front... I guess you may give it a try and let me know if you feel like you want to test it. Once I know it works fine with EET, I will add the tag on my website :)

As for Faldorn: nope, she is not compatible with EET, there are few things I need to check with her and once I'm done with the checking, she will surely need some adjustments to work on EET.
  • PellinorePellinore Member Posts: 11
    Alright! I'll install Bridge's Block and give it a try as soon as I get to Athlatka in my playthrough.
    Thanks for the info!
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Come to think of it, I am installing Bridge's Block for a while now and I promptly forgot to mention that my assessment also resulted with it having compatibility with EET out of the box.
    Oh, so it is compatible, do I get it right? I should note that on my website.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Oh, so it is compatible, do I get it right? I should note that on my website.
    I didn't encountered any bug with the Athkatlan Grounds mods on my EET install.
  • NarathNarath Member Posts: 2
    Hey LavaDelVortel,

Big fan of your work. I've just played through all your 'Athkatlan Grounds' quests and 'Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul', they were incredibly well written with great exploration and overall of a quality I've never encountered before for community mods. I'm really looking forward to 'Eilistraee's Song' when I make it to chapter 6.

One thing that's driving me insane however is I can't find the 'moboogold apple' for 'Mr. Rat in the Bridge Block'. It's my last quest and I've searched everywhere I can find, and google has shown me nothing.

Any help from you or anyone else who's finished this quest would be great :smile:
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    Its in the stall of one of the vendors in the bridge district, either Bel Dalemark or one of the other two near him
  • NarathNarath Member Posts: 2
    Ugh, thank you. It was indeed there, just to the south of Bel Dalemark on one of the stalls
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    I'm a fan of the Shades over the Sword Coast mod for BG1, i love how it bring a dark side to the game.

Can't say the same about Athkatla grounds i'm afraid. For the most part those mods felt too much, like forced in a pretty busy city anyway. Too many overpowered items on top of that. Had to delete those mods because they broke the immersion for me.

I stick to the assassinations mod and back to brynlaw, my favourite two quest mods.

Sure, I do not expect everyone to love each of my mods :p I'm glad there are other mods you like. Cheers!
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Hi Lava

Really enjoying the Bridge Block mod - thanks.
    Just wondering : is the Angry-man looking for a crate part of your Bridge Block mod - if not just ignore this query.
    Noticed a small bug maybe - in Lion's room the chest at the end of his bed cannot be opened - it highlights green when you put the cursor over it but you cannot unlock it - not sure if this is a bug or just something with my installation

I finally got to meet Mr. Rat :smile: - I wondered if this was an actual character after speaking to Mr Possum and it is - so cool
    The crate guy is from the Tangled Oak :)

Argh, I have to fix that chest one day. There's nothing importan in there, it will be fixed though.

And yeah, Mr Possum was actually taking about that Mr Rat, you just met his friend. Cheers!
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 37

Liking the mod. 1 question, though. Regarding the investigation quest. I've spoken with everyone that I could find and searched the dressing room and the other rooms, but I've found no sign of any apparition nor spoken with anyone who has seen anything. What did I miss?
    I am unsure I understand at what point you exactly got stuck. Once you are sent to the dressing room, you should get inside there, and a trigger should inform you that you noticed some weird clues. IIRC, the next step was talking to the place's watcher that there may be indeed some kind of creature in the Block.
  • TrevimusPrimeTrevimusPrime Member Posts: 28
    Here's a fun one for you. Door to Bridges block appears to be missing, but Mrs Yawnhex is there. Bridges is right at the end (before EET) in the load order, so scratching my head a bit now. What's the Area code so I can just warp there? - this is where you tell me I shouldnt have installed this on an existing playthrough....
    Cheers