Skip to content

Unfinished Business Kidnapping of Boo: broken quest, how to restore Minsc with console / ee-keeper?

BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
Dear readers,

(SPOILERS AHEAD)
Minsc is in trouble: he noticed Boo is missing. We hasted back to the docks as fast as possible, but Billy the boy is not in front of the tavern. If i console him in, he instantly is removed again, no chance to talk to him or anything.

I've tried several things with setting variables before spawning Billy, etc. etc. ... nothing is working, so i have to assume something is broken somewhere deep.

As i know the quest already, i wouldn't mind to skip it and go on with adventuring. But Minc without Boo is just not viable. Is there any way by console or ee-keeper to restore him to his initial status or - better - the status he has after the quest?

Thanks for your help
Beleg

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the quest breaks if the event where boo goes missing happens anywhere not the docks. as thats where it's programmed to happen. so if you say are doing dungeon crawl and you get the star t if the quest in the dungeon the quest breaks as the boy does not load.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited April 2020
    okay, that's a clue and is what happened - u got the start of the quest in the bridge district ...

so any chance to resolve this (last save is a while back, as usual ...). as said I don't mind the quest, just would like to restore Minsk.

a thought: I do have level1-npcs installed ... if I remove the flawed minsc, and create a new one from scratch (how?) ... I could level him to the point where he was. any chance this could work?

another thought: what is actually changed for minsc when losing Boo: is it just his strength and actually Boo missing in his inventory? Because that could be rectified easily with EEkeeper.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    okay ... i somehow fiddled around with the global vars until the quest somewhat reset ... billy is there now, runs away to his buddies, etc. etc. ... expecting to keep going well from now on. hamsters and rangers, rejoice!
  • AuraofManaAuraofMana Member Posts: 24
    Not a fan of necroing the thread, but getting stuck in the same way as you (Billy not spawning) and can't figure out how to proceed. Searched around and haven't found a solution. @BelegCuthalion If you're on and remember what you did, can you help?
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    There is also another bug after completing this quest. If you then remove Minsc from party, you can't speak with him anymore (unable to initiate dialog).
  • Kah131Kah131 Member Posts: 5
    InKal wrote: »
    There is also another bug after completing this quest. If you then remove Minsc from party, you can't speak with him anymore (unable to initiate dialog).

Thank you! This happened to me when I rotated Minsc out for another NPC and I couldn't figure out why.