Skip to content

[MOD] NPC Mod for BGEE: Helarine, Doomguide of Kelemvor (Beta v1)

13»

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Raduziel wrote: »
    @Jackkel_Dragon

Running into a different error now

Compiling 1 script ...
    ERROR: error compiling [JklHel/scripts/JKLHEL.baf]: Sys_error("JklHel/scripts/JKLHEL.baf: No such file or directory")
    ERROR: compiling [JklHel/scripts/JKLHEL.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Helarine for BG2EE], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [JklHel/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "JklHel/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [JklHel/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 26 files for [JklHel\Helarine_BGEE.tp2] component 0.

I'm having that same problem too (and I'm also using Win 10).

Is there any solution to this issue?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @SharGuidesMyHand None I could find.
  • GnollGnoll Member Posts: 24
    Hi! I'm very interested in this mod. What alignment is Helarine? I'm thinking about including her in an evil party playthough, and I'm wondering how well she would mesh. Thanks!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Gnoll wrote: »
    Hi! I'm very interested in this mod. What alignment is Helarine? I'm thinking about including her in an evil party playthough, and I'm wondering how well she would mesh. Thanks!

She's lawful neutral. She could probably be included in an evil party.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2019
    I just want to say I adore this module and I think it is one of the best NPC mods for BG1, just right next to VerrSza. I think the writing is top notch, a signature of a talent.

Anyone knows if the update for Helarine BG2 can be expected any time or is the project abandoned?
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    @trebuszę: Thanks for the compliment! It's been a while since I worked on this mod, so I'm glad people still enjoy it.

Unfortunately, there aren't any updates planned for the project in the near future. I want to keep the option open, especially now that I've backed up the project to places like GitHub, but I've been focusing on other writing projects.

In addition, I often found working with the code needed for BG mods to be a bit difficult in places, particularly when it comes to writing conversations. So if/when I do create an update, I may need assistance in converting the story into engine-friendly code.

It's not nearly the same as having her in the game, but for now I'll share the drafts for Helarine's bio page and endings:

Helarine Bio Page Draft for BG2EE
    When asked about her past, Helarine becomes quiet for a moment, tensing up and shutting her eyes. She explains that she was the daughter of priests of Bhaal, a deity that perished during the Time of Troubles. After the death of her god and her parents, she went through a period of faithlessness and rage. A few years ago, she rededicated herself to the newly ascended God of Death, Kelemvor. She says she had to go through a significant change of personality to properly embrace Kelemvor's teachings, and sometimes her old lessons are difficult to unlearn. After telling her tale, she becomes formal and aloof, refusing to answer further questions. That time has passed, she reasons; it must stay in the past for her to move on.

Helarine Throne of Bhaal Ending Drafts
    "Loyal" refers to convincing Helarine throughout SoA and ToB that her heritage as the child of Bhaal-worshipers should be embraced rather than rejected and she should thus serve the Bhaalspawn as her new masters. If these conversations are skipped, Helarine defaults to "not loyal".

Ending (Default)
    Seeing the final end of Bhaal and his legacy, Helarine was finally able to fully devote herself to Kelemvor, without doubts. Like her patron, she was tortured by the fate of those consigned to the Wall of the Faithless, but otherwise embraced death in all its forms. She seemed to become more distant and emotionless to those who met her, but she still felt connections to the living. She simply knew that death was not the end, and thus felt no pain in the passing of friends. Instead, she was the one who comforted those that remained, who were left broken by their loss. She was often called to host funerals, or to lay the undead to their proper rest.

Ending (Bhaalspawn a good deity, not loyal)
    Seeing Bhaal's legacy reborn in his offspring, Helarine was left uncomfortable. While <CHARNAME> would not soon follow the footsteps of the Lord of Murder, Helarine felt the dead god's legacy should have remained buried. She devoted herself to Kelemvor, hoping to lose herself in her duties. She became well-known as a destroyer of the undead, leading adventuring parties against necromancers and their creations. Having known death before, she did not fear death in the service of Kelemvor. She was raised many times before her final rest, always considered too great an asset to allow her respite any sooner than her death of old age.

Ending (Bhaalspawn an evil deity, not loyal)
    Seeing Bhaal's legacy reborn in his offspring, Helarine felt betrayed. She wanted the dead god's legacy to be buried, not a new Lord of Murder. Taking Kelemvor's banner, she began a holy crusade against <CHARNAME> and <HISHER> followers. While carrying the nagging doubts that she could ever slay a god, she continued this war even as it consumed her life. When she was finally taken to the halls of Kelemvor, the deity had to personally force Helarine to allow her soul respite before continuing the crusade from beyond the grave.

Ending (Bhaalspawn a good deity, loyal)
    When the Bhaalspawn embraced their divinity, Helarine saw what she had hoped for many years before. She laid down her holy symbol to Kelemvor, pledging her loyalty to <CHARNAME>. In the name of her family, she would serve <HIMHER> for the rest of her days. She fought alongside the followers of <CHARNAME> whenever they sought out evil in the world, bringing aid to those in need. In time, she became <CHARNAME>'s Herald, forever serving <HIMHER> in the planes.

Ending (Bhaalspawn an evil deity, loyal)
    When the Bhaalspawn embraced their divinity, Helarine saw what she had hoped for many years before. She laid down her holy symbol to Kelemvor, pledging her loyalty to <CHARNAME>. In the name of her family, she would serve <HIMHER> for the rest of her days. She conquered in the name of <CHARNAME>, forging a following and eventually a whole nation. In time, she became <CHARNAME>'s Herald, forever serving <HIMHER> in the planes.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited April 2023
    @Jackkel_Dragon
    How EET compatible is this mod? What content exists for SoD? BG2EE?

Thankee!