Skip to content

Is it Possible to Manually Add a NPC to My Party

My party of six is in Chapter 4, about to escape from Brynnlaw, and Jaheira just left my party due to some sort of Harper quest requirement. This reduces my party down to only five members, which will make it harder to battle through the Sahuagin City and the Underdark in Chapter 5.

So, is there a way to manually edit my game to add another NPC to my party, such as adding Korgan?

I was not able to get EEKeeper to do this; don't know if it can't or if I am simply too dense to use it properly, and NearInfinity seems to complicated for me to try using. Is there perhaps a CLUAConsole command that might let me add another NPC to my party in Brynnlaw?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Yes, there are console/cheat commands that let you add party members. You can force any creature into your party with Ctrl-Q, for example. Don't try to level up anyone with a "monster" class, though.

More productively, you could find NPCs that are actively meant to go in the party by using the console to jump to another area. In the EE, opening that up puts a bunch of preset options at the top of your screen, including a long list of areas and a "Travel" button. Select your party and use that to go to another area entirely and sort out your issues.

But ... this wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. Character quests like Jaheira's Harper business are supposed to be on hold during chapters 4 and 5. For example, here are the blocks for triggering Meronia's arrival in Jaheira's script:
    IF
    	OR(2)
    		Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
    		Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
    	Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
    	Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",0)
    	!AreaCheck("OH6000")  // Neera - The Wild Forest
    	!AreaCheck("OH6100")  // Neera - The Hidden Refuge
    	!AreaCheck("OH6200")  // Neera - The Hidden Refuge (Destroyed)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7000")  // Hexxat - Top Left Quarter (Dragomir)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7100")  // Hexxat - Bottom Left Quarter (Shou Lung)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7200")  // Hexxat - Bottom Right Quarter (Zakhara)
    	!AreaCheck("OH5000")  // Dorn - Radiant Heart (Wedding)
    	!AreaCheck("OH5100")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge
    	!AreaCheck("OH5110")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Cave
    	!AreaCheck("OH5120")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Tree Interior
    	!AreaCheck("OH5200")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Interior
    	!AreaCheck("OH5300")  // Dorn - Helmite Camp
    	AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    	InParty(Myself)
    	CombatCounter(0)
    	!AreaCheck("AR1404")  // Shadow Temple Land shadowed
    	!AreaCheck("AR0800")  // Graveyard
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",1)
    		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    		CreateCreatureObject("bdoffscr",Myself,0,0,0)  // No such index
    		ApplySpellRES("bdoffscr","bdoffscr")  // No such index
    		SmallWait(1)
    		CreateCreatureObject("JAMERONI","bdoffscr",0,0,0)  // Meronia
    		SetInterrupt(TRUE)
    END

IF
    	OR(2)
    		Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    		Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
    	!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
    	Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
    	Global("JaheiraBanditPlot","GLOBAL",9)
    	Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",0)
    	!AreaCheck("OH6000")  // Neera - The Wild Forest
    	!AreaCheck("OH6100")  // Neera - The Hidden Refuge
    	!AreaCheck("OH6200")  // Neera - The Hidden Refuge (Destroyed)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7000")  // Hexxat - Top Left Quarter (Dragomir)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7100")  // Hexxat - Bottom Left Quarter (Shou Lung)
    	!AreaCheck("OH7200")  // Hexxat - Bottom Right Quarter (Zakhara)
    	!AreaCheck("OH5000")  // Dorn - Radiant Heart (Wedding)
    	!AreaCheck("OH5100")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge
    	!AreaCheck("OH5110")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Cave
    	!AreaCheck("OH5120")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Tree Interior
    	!AreaCheck("OH5200")  // Dorn - Resurrection Gorge Interior
    	!AreaCheck("OH5300")  // Dorn - Helmite Camp
    	AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    	GlobalGT("LoveTalk","LOCALS",25)
    	InParty(Myself)
    	!See([ENEMY])
    	!Range([NEUTRAL],10)
    	CombatCounter(0)
    	!AreaCheck("AR1404")  // Shadow Temple Land shadowed
    	!AreaCheck("AR0800")  // Graveyard
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",1)
    		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    		CreateCreatureObject("bdoffscr",Myself,0,0,0)  // No such index
    		ApplySpellRES("bdoffscr","bdoffscr")  // No such index
    		SmallWait(1)
    		CreateCreatureObject("JAMERONI","bdoffscr",0,0,0)  // Meronia
    		SetInterrupt(TRUE)
    END

There's an explicit chapter check in that - don't do it if you're in chapter 4 or 5.

Something else has gone wrong here to make it possible for Jaheira to leave.
  • TorvaldTorvald Member Posts: 19
    jmerry,

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Per your recommendation, instead of trying to edit in Jaheira to my party, I used the console to jump my party from Brynnlaw (AR1600) to The Docks (AR0300). I then entered the Harper's building, fought a battle, and was afterwards able to get Jaheira to rejoin my party via a dialogue choice. Still not sure why Jaheira left my party in Chapter 4, but I've got her back now.

I next used the console to jump back to Brynnlaw, sailed my party away with Saemon, encountered the Sahuagin ship, and ended up in the Sahuagin City (the beginning of Chapter 5). So far, so good.

Torvald wrote: »
    Still not sure why Jaheira left my party in Chapter 4...

My guess is that the game somehow glitched and got the chapter count wrong. So if it thought you were actually in chapter 3...
    If that's the case, the chapter is probably still wrong, and will likely need a correction before it causes more things to break. I think you can test the chapter value with the GetGlobal command, and set it with SetGlobal if needed.
    C: GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")
    C: SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",value)
    jmerry,

Okay, I just ran the GetGlobal command, and it said my chapter global was set to 15.

I forgot to mention earlier that I am playing an EE Trilogy game, where BGEE, SoD, and BGEE2 are combined into one continuous game via the EET mod. Therefore, I think my chapter being set to 15 might be okay.

However, this is my first time playing through an EE Trilogy game, so I am not sure of the EE Trilogy chapter numbering scheme for the BGEE2 part of my game.
    EET chapters for the SoA and ToB campaigns should be 12 more than the original BG2EE chapter numbers. So the game thinks you're in the equivalent of chapter 3 (from when you pay for the boat to when you actually board it).

As to what chapter you should be in? Chapter 5 begins when you actually enter the Underdark; the variable gets updated during the transition cutscenes. If you're still in the sahuagin city, that's chapter 4 (16 in EET). If you've moved on to the Underdark, that's chapter 5 (17 in EET).

Any errors in the chapter count will propagate until explicitly corrected; the game uses the "IncrementChapter" action, which adds 1 to the chapter variable.
    jmerry,

Thanks again. I was in the Sahuagin City (about to leave for the Underdark), and noticed that the Chapter numbers in my Journal and my Quest Log did not match.

So, I followed your advice of using the console command to set the global chapter number to 16, used the magic rope to travel to the Underdark, and the chapter number then correctly transitioned to 17.

Everything seems to be working correctly now in my EET game, plus my Quest Log shows that Jaheira's quest of needing to return to the Harper Hold in The Docks has now been completed. My party of six can now venture forth with no more risk of Jaheira wandering away.