Skip to content

Marketh and VoDA don't behave as they should :-(

I am soloing the game on HoF Mode as a F/M/T (it's my first playthrough btw.)

According to my walkthrough, Marketh should hand over his gear and his badge once I ask him to do so, providing my INT is 14 or higher. My character has an INT score of 24 through skills and abilities mod, so this should be enough but the point is he just gets angry and leaves casting dimension door.

How do I get him to stand and fight or hand over the badge?

The second problem: I cannot seem to pick up the bones of the voice of Durdel Anatha, I chopped him down one last time instead of talking to him. So now it seems I can't take the bones back to Kuldahar to score in on my EXP reward.

Without getting Marketh's badge it seems I cannot continue towards the endgame.

Maybe someone could line out how I get out of this??

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Marketh [...] just gets angry and leaves casting dimension door.
    Did you install the "Marketh's Ring" component of the "Unfinished Business for Icewind Dale" mod?
    Because that adds extra steps to getting Marketh's badge.
    The second problem: I cannot seem to pick up the bones of the voice of Durdel Anatha, I chopped him down one last time instead of talking to him. So now it seems I can't take the bones back to Kuldahar to score in on my EXP reward.
    I think the only way to get the bones is to talk to Brother Harken in the Fallen Temple, before the battle there is over (i.e. before you've destroyed the Idol).
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    No mods installed

1) Not sure what the stat requirements are but I spoke to Marketh with a bard with 18 Int and it worked. I'm not sure but it might also be dependent on agreeing not to kill him in the conversation downstairs

2) Too late now but if you have an earlier save a) have you spoken to Nym? b) speak to brother Harken, c) tell Durdel what you learnt from Nym
  • MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 40
    I have unfinished business installed - how does that change my options with Marketh?

It does not seem to be clear from the mod's description.
  • MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 40
    As with Durdel - I think I will use one of my saves and try to replay it properly.

I think I talked to Harken before destroying the idol but not to Nym.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    As with Durdel - I think I will use one of my saves and try to replay it properly.

I think I talked to Harken before destroying the idol but not to Nym.

When you speak to Nym, you need to choose the "How did a dark elf wind up in a village ....." thread