Skip to content

[MOD] - Enhanced Edition: Cosmetic Enhancements - v1.0.2 released!

2»

Comments

• Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    marcnivar wrote: »
    marcnivar wrote: »
    I would like to use this mod in my next game with quite a number of mods. Hence I would like to ask:

1. How does this mod affect the npc from the other mod? Are they compatible?
    2. The install order suggestion for this mod, I'm not sure i should put in under which category, install before or after other mods such as tweaks, scs etc
    3. Any other mod I should not use if I install this mod?

Sorry if the questions are stupid..quite new in modding..

1. Shouldn't have any effect on NPC mods at all. Can you elaborate in more detail?

2. Install order shouldn't matter, provided other mods aren't changing the same things.

3. The spell modification portion of this mod isn't compatible with Spell Revisions. You will receive an error message stating this if you have already installed Spell Revisions and attempt to install my mod.

I mean the spells from npc.

I plan to use the following mods (affecting vanilla spells and items) in my next game, would appreciate if you can advise on the compatibility and load order if I use this mod:

- IWD spells system from scs
    - IWD casting graphics from Tweak anthology
    - Item randomiser

Yes, it affects NPC spells. Otherwise it wouldn't look right, IMO

Casting graphics is separate from what my mod does.

My mod modifies the items themselves, so placement shouldn't matter unless the filenames of the items themselves are changed, which I doubt.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller is the mod compatible with 2.6.6?

I tried to install the IWD-style spell audio-visual effects (which I feel is *essential* for my playthroughs), and I get the following weidu error:

WARNING: no effects altered on BHAAL4A.SPL
    ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 152 of 114-byte file CDDETECT.SPL
    ERROR: [CDDETECT.SPL] -> [override/CDDETECT.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CDDETECT.SPL: read out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [IWD-style spell audio-visual effects], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 850 files for [EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS/EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS.TP2] component 14.
    Uninstalled 850 files for [EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS/EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS.TP2] component 14.
    ERROR: Failure("CDDETECT.SPL: read out of bounds")

EDIT:
    I fixed this by simply removing CDDETECT.SPL from my override folder and into a backup location, installing the IWD-style spell audio-visual effects, then replacing CDDETECT.SPL. Seems to work fine.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    @Daeros_Trollkiller

I notice that the latest version of SOD2BG2 item upgrade seems to have some of the same components as this mod. Have they been combined?
    tl1942 wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller

I notice that the latest version of SOD2BG2 item upgrade seems to have some of the same components as this mod. Have they been combined?

Yes, I am working towards combining them into one mod.
  • KomotKomot Member Posts: 3
    Could this ever be adapted to mobile? Simply amazing.
  • Komot wrote: »
    Could this ever be adapted to mobile? Simply amazing.

I don't know, as I don't have a way to test on mobile, but I really appreciate the kudos
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    What updates are planned for this mod? When should it be installed relative to your SoD to BG2EE item import mod?

Thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    What updates are planned for this mod? When should it be installed relative to your SoD to BG2EE item import mod?

Thankee!

I don't have any current plans to update this mod, but that's always subject to change. It should be installed after SOD2BG2EE.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    skusha wrote: »

I've added it just now, thank you for the reminder.
  • SilentSwordSilentSword Member Posts: 45
    no screenshots?