Skip to content

Aerie in BG:EE v1.1

2»

Comments

• MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269

From Discord : "There's a small conflict with both BG1UB and BG1NPC as BG1Aerie has a cut-scene at the Nashkel carnival in the same location as where BG1UB and BG1NPC place some new characters, which may get killed by a spell Aerie casts in the scene...it does also create some jarring plot holes."

Is there any way to fix or eventually avoid this conflict ?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    You don't have to pick up her followup quest. Up until now, I wasn't even aware that one exists. Gotta test.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    Hello, here's an update for Aerie in BGEE, now compatible with EET !

@Coutelier if you ever visit the forum again, I hope you'll agree on this release.

If anyone encounters any issues, please let me know.

Changelog :

- Add French translation by Spartan117
    - Add french audio
    - Traify tp2
    - EET compatibility (add cpmvars)
    - Traify missing string in B2#cAAM4.baf
    - Correct missing audio thanks to GraionDilach
    - Add InfinityAutoPackager thanks to AL|EN
    - Add REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS bgee eet
    - Add metadata and label for Project Infinity
    - Correct B2#Aeri.d Imoen dialogue for EET thanks to Jastey and Camdawg
    edited June 2023
    JohnBob wrote: »
    Hello, here's an update for Aerie in BGEE, now compatible with EET !

@Coutelier if you ever visit the forum again, I hope you'll agree on this release.

If anyone encounters any issues, please let me know.

Changelog :

- Add French translation by Spartan117
    - Add french audio
    - Traify tp2
    - EET compatibility (add cpmvars)
    - Traify missing string in B2#cAAM4.baf
    - Correct missing audio thanks to GraionDilach
    - Add InfinityAutoPackager thanks to AL|EN
    - Add REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS bgee eet
    - Add metadata and label for Project Infinity
    - Correct B2#Aeri.d Imoen dialogue for EET thanks to Jastey and Camdawg

Further release for Aerie in BGEE !

v2.3 add the following changes :

- Correct missing columns in PDIALOG.2DA for EET, thanks to @argent77

- Fix BGEE audio slot misassignment.
    - New component who allow to use the original BG2 portrait as default and separate out the mod-included lighter portrait variant. (Previous setup also affected her portrait in BG2.)
    - Polishing
    - Fix Aerie using the wrong portrait sizes leading to more blurry images than necessary.
    Thanks to @GraionDilach
    Post edited by JohnBob on
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @JohnBob Good job. I guess the new version should be installed after EET_core even if it is not yet updated in the EET compatibility list ?

Is there any recommandation about the install order ? After BG1NPC Project ?
    Yes, just drop it among the quest mods. AFAIK no mod has crossmod with this one.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Thank you all for enjoying this little mod I made years ago! I actually had bigger plans to add a few other BG2 cameos into BG1 if there was a way to justify it. Aerie was easy because she tells you in BG2 the circus went to Nashkell. But maybe you might have ran into Mazzy out on a quest somewhere etc.

Anyway, just to copy-paste what I said on the Tenya mod: if you want to contact me for any reason, the best bet is probably using Tumblr - its the only platform I check semi-regularly. Although bear in mind I'm not modding this game anymore - I haven't even played it in years so wouldn't know how to begin. Might go back to it after playing Baldur's Gate 3 for a bit.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    rd7pou8b6tbd.jpg
    xjwyxnei3b0r.jpg

As a little bonus, since Baldur's Gate 3 came out I decided to dig out my old 3D models of 1 + 2 NPCs. I decided those weren't very good, so I've recreated Aerie using a more modern figure as a base.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Aw.

Aerie in BGEE update to v2.4 with a Spanish translation, thanks to @alaisFcZ !

You can donwload the new version here.

• DarthNihilus530DarthNihilus530 Member Posts: 15
    "Hello again @jonhbob, I was having a problem and wanted to know if you know how to solve it. I play on Android, and I think that might be the reason why this mod isn't working. Every time I try to talk to Aerie, my game screen goes black and then crashes. Do you know what could be causing this?"
    Hello !

No, I am sorry but I have no knowledge about how mods works on android...

But maybe other members will have some ideas about it.

Did you encountered this kind of issue only with AerieInBG1 ?
  • DarthNihilus530DarthNihilus530 Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for your response @jonhbob. Unfortunately, this problem has also occurred with other mods. For example, with Saga Drizzt, my game crashes when I try to talk to Regis. The same thing happens with the Black Heart mod when I try to talk to Illasera, and it's happening with several mods that require conversation, causing the game to crash. I even thought that this could be due to the exclusive areas of the mods that would be unlocked. For example, in the Saga Drizzt mod, the game crashes after talking to Regis, and I thought it might be because you were supposed to be teleported to the Nine Hells. However, when I tested the Seatower mod, it worked perfectly well. So, I don't know why this is happening.
  • jakeharris10jakeharris10 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2023
    Although I'm using v2.4 in EET, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone's experienced this. I have the
    battle with Ashur
    : once it's over, Aerie returns to her tent but now she initiates dialogue when I enter and keeps initiating another dialogue as soon the previous one's complete - it's taken me 4 goes to get out of the tent!
    Thanks, found the bug and fixed it in 2.5. I thought I mentioned it here before I went to sleep though.
  • jakeharris10jakeharris10 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, found the bug and fixed it in 2.5. I thought I mentioned it here before I went to sleep though.

Cheers for doing the fix. Is it possible to apply the fix for a game underway with 2.4 without installing 2.5, e.g. via console?
    edited November 2023
    Only via NearInfinity; via finding and opening B2#Aeri2.BCS, finding the three Dead() blocks and adding the GlobalLT check along as seen here: https://github.com/The-Gate-Project/AerieBG1/blob/main/BG1Aerie/Scripts/B2#Aeri2.baf . It's a one-line fix, sure, but console can't do this.