Skip to content

[v1.09] Nalia At Last: A Romance Mod for BG2:EE Throne of Bhaal

13»

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Thanks for the catch, this is fixed.

The ring will stay as crossmod content only. I added it as way of making that feature of my BG2 NPCs mod also available for Nalia, since it would make sense as an option if they co-existed. I intend at some point to also crossmod with rest talks and add in dialogue for Nalia for that feature, but that's lower priority than my new PC I am working on right now.
  • razraz Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2023
    Hi.
    Sorry for bothering you, I've recently finished the new playthough of BG2:EE with Nalia at Last installed and I came across some issues here and there, so I guess it would be fitting to report them.
    With the new 1.11 version, continuing from the De'Arnise Romance, the Master Wraith doesn't recognize Nalia as a LI and as such the entire romance stops to a halt. The 1.10 version works fine, though, but it has the bug where Nalia keeps spamming her final lovetalk every 3 seconds.

Also, no matter the version (I've tried 1.08, 1.10 and 1.11), Nalia's romance epilogue never kicks in, I always get her vanilla ending, despite the variables being in place, as per EEKeeper. For the record, I went with the "rule the Keep together, have a lot of kids" choice. I suspect there might be some conflict with Ascension, but that's me taking a very wild swing in the dark.
    As for the mods I'm using, it's (in that order of install):
    Ascension
    Convenient EE NPCs
    Banter Pack
    Flirt Pack
    De'Arnise Romance
    Nalia at Last
    Also, a minor thing, but the romance music never seems to play during lovetalks for some weird reason.

As for the mod itself, I really did enjoy it (I wouldn't be posting here otherwise:)) It's a bit darker and conflict-prone than the sunshine and puppies relationship that was the De'Arnise Romance, but given where we are in the story, it feels right that Nalia gets in over her head. Overall, I would readily recommend it.
    I'll take a look at it and fix the wraith thing. I have a feeling something is interfering with the epilogues though. My mod purposefully disables the original Nalia epilogue if she's romanced, but it does require everything firing and staying in area 6200. That or the romance broke at some point.
  • razraz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answer.
    A quick update: I actually did a Hail Mary reinstall of the entire game, reinstalled all the mods (minus the enhanced epilogues for Ascension), redid the final Ascension battle... and now romance epilogues work just fine, so I am mighty confused at the moment. I would assume that Ascension epilogues conflicted with Nalia's romance epilogues and that was the issue. I guess it makes sense and the problem was on my part. To be fair, I didn't even realize Nalia gets an Ascension epilogue in the first place.
    Anyway, the epilogue issue has been solved, thanks again for the hint.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    raz wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer.
    A quick update: I actually did a Hail Mary reinstall of the entire game, reinstalled all the mods (minus the enhanced epilogues for Ascension), redid the final Ascension battle... and now romance epilogues work just fine, so I am mighty confused at the moment. I would assume that Ascension epilogues conflicted with Nalia's romance epilogues and that was the issue. I guess it makes sense and the problem was on my part. To be fair, I didn't even realize Nalia gets an Ascension epilogue in the first place.
    Anyway, the epilogue issue has been solved, thanks again for the hint.

I think most original NPCs get an Ascension epilogue- many of the original ones were pretty subpart
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2023
    @skitia I'm about to start a new trilogy run and I was hoping you could give me a reccomendation for where I should install this in my mod order. I also wanted to ask if this mod is in good shape regarding bugs or does it need a little more time to get things ironed out? I'd be happy to test it again but I want to make sure I install it correctly before starting a new game rather than trying to jam it into a TOB game like last time. I believe most of my problems stemmed from installing it after I had installed all of my other mods in the middle of a playthrough. Also, I just want to be sure, this mod is EET compatible right?

Here is my current mod install plan.
    DLC merger
    EET
    EEeX
    Infinity UI
    Advanced gameplay options (console only)
    Ascension
    Balduran's Sea Tower
    Difficulty Tweak (HP adjustments to Baldur's Gate areas only)
    SCS (IWD arcane and Divine Spells only)
    IWD EET
    HOW EET
    IWD 2 EET
    Trials of the Lure master
    IWD Integration mod
    Imoen forever
    Endless Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate Quest Pack ( A few selective options)
    Borsyker Bridge
    Another Fine Hell
    SOD Tweaks
    BG1 NPC Project + music pack
    SOD Road To Discovery
    Thief Stronghold Expanded
    Hell Trials Revised (From D0 Quest Pack)
    Skie The Cost Of One Girl's Soul
    DeArnese Romance
    Wheels Of Prophecy
    Reunion
    High Quality Sound Clips
    CD Tweaks
    J Merry's Tweaks
    IWD EET END
    EET END
    SCS main components and fixes
    Override Bam Fixes and SCS fixes
    EET Tweaks
    Update advanced Console area List

If you could point me to where you think would be the best place to install "Nalia At Last" I would appreciate it. I will skip the epilogues option from the Ascension mod.
    Post edited by Sour on
    edited May 2023
    @raz I checked and the Nalia Wraith event worked for me locally, so something else may have prevented that from working. The needed line for it is in the v11 and the Master file. I did however, forgot to uncomment and put in the music key for the music playing, whoops. I'll fix this in a v12 at some point.

As for the best place to install it, probably right after De'Arnise Romance or Arnel's Nalia Romance, whichever you chose (or both, if you're quirky like that.)
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    Thanks for the recommendation. I probably won't get to TOB for a while cause I have a large amount of content to play through but when I get there I'll report back if I run into any problems and if not then I'll leave my opinion of my general experience with the mod.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    If I have not yet entered the TOB phase of my game ( I am currently playing EET with the deArnise Romance mod installed and in the SOA portion of the game - right before I head to Brynnlaw to be exact) this mod would still work since I am not yet in the TOB portion of the game correct? I forgot that the de'arnise romance mod was SOA only -_-
    Yes, there is nothing in the mod that modifies or really relies on SoA at all.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for the confirmation!
  • anagieanagie Member Posts: 2
    so, we finally got 2nd part of mod or however call it and for EE only, as someone who only plays original version I am devastated I won't buy EE for 1 mod, is there any chance for this to be available on vanilla version of the game as well, pls?
    You can try it on the original, it may work without issues as the code is on the light side and I think I changed a line so it was compatible with the original.

But I don’t have the original game, and I cannot support it if it doesn’t work as I prefer being able to live test what I produce. I also just recommend moving to EE, not for 1 mod but the greater compatibility with current generation software and hardware.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    If you have the EE games, you'll likely find other mods you want as well.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Hate to be the guy asking the dumb question (though you'd figure I would be used to it by now), but when I go to download the mod from github, what am I downloading? There are two source code downloads. I might just be pissed off that I have lost all of my BG2 stuff and have to dl and install everything again.
    You can either download the master, which is always the latest, or the latest release if the mod has release files.
  • alseyalsey Member Posts: 1
    I literally just bought the EEs to play this mod and registered here to say thanks. I'm not even sure how I found this thread, I'd just started a new playthrough (first in years) in the original BG2 and was looking for something else, and found this. I've always been fine with the original game and a few tweaks, but this is the enhancement that's converted me.

Amazing. I feel like I've been waiting for this since I was 16, and I'm 37 now.

It will probably be months before I even reach ToB at the pace I play games these days, but based on feedback to this and your other work this is something to look forward to.

You're seriously a legend, thank you.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Any reports yet on how this interacts with Reunion?
    I've not yet played Reunion. My current focus is on the BG1 update for SkitiaNPCs, and then finishing my sixth NPC for BG2. After that, I can break and look at adding more crossmod content across all my mods, and finding more time to play other mods so I have an array to consider from.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Gotcha. I might make two saves once I get my current run to TOB and let people know how it goes.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited March 11
    I can confirm it plays just fine alongside Reunion. Even the dialogue isn't jarring, since Kulyok specifically wrote it ambiguous in order to account for a potential Nalia romance. It would still be great to have some Reunion crossmod in the future, of course - a lovetalk about the revelations it contains about their respective families, I suppose.

Something I would eventually love to see though is a more morally ambiguous take on Nalia, along the lines of her vanilla voice and personality change in ToB. I was missing options like the ones floated around here a bit. Don't get me wrong, I think her character voice is captured very well in this expansion, I would simply like the opportunity to encourage some of the darker - or rather, practical (she does become a politician in her epilogue, after all) - impulses in her instead of guiding her past them. Not from a place of a truly evil Charname, more a Macchiavellian one who wants her to be strong to be able to achieve all her high-minded aims in the long run. The "corruption" path in the Imoen Romance does this really well, I think, and somehow I can't help but view the ToB part of the saga in that darker vein in general. It is a war, after all, albeit we don't see all that much of it, and even the best of Charnames is the spawn of murder. Or maybe I'm just a cynical old curmudgeon.
  • anagieanagie Member Posts: 2
    so... I've waited for this mod so many years just to set it for EE only? pls tell me it's not real :( I hope modder will consider enabling it to vanilla version of the game as well pls cuz I won't buy EE to use 1 mod
    You asked about this last year, and my response was:
    Skitia wrote: »
    You can try it on the original, it may work without issues as the code is on the light side and I think I changed a line so it was compatible with the original.

But I don’t have the original game, and I cannot support it if it doesn’t work as I prefer being able to live test what I produce. I also just recommend moving to EE, not for 1 mod but the greater compatibility with current generation software and hardware.