Skip to content

Android Modfile for BG:EE (2.6.6.10)

ClydeClyde Member Posts: 9
edited June 2023 in BG:EE Mods
Does anyone have modpack that contains different mods? I'm trying to play BG1EE again but with mods. Thank you!
Post edited by Clyde on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2023
    Hi @Clyde, sorry I didn't see this earlier...

I know that this request is complete, but I thought I would put the end result here just in case it suits someone else's gaming requirements as well...

This modfile (for English Language) contains the following:
    - Unfinished Business for BG1 v16.4
    - BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters Mod v22
    - Ascalon's Quest Pack v5.1
    - BG1NPC Project v30 and BG1NPC Project Music v6

- Animal Companions
    - Drake v1.6
    - Aura for BG1 v3.3
    - Bristlelick v2.2
    - Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE
    - Will of the Wisps - the Shamanic enhancements v2.3
    - Improved Shamanic Dance v4.4

- Thrown Hammers v6.0.3
    - Barbed Club of Pain v1.5
    - Distinguisable Clubs v1.1
    - Short Sword of Backstabbing v1.1
    - More Styles for Mages v1.57
    - Wandcase v1.3

- CDTweaks v16
    - ATweaks v4.53
    - Clerics and Mages with Longswords and Two-Handed Swords v1.0
    - 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching (only)
    - Portraits Portraits Everywhere v1.01
    - EEUITweaks v4.0.4
    - Hidden Play Options - Improved Cheat Menu (Only)

Download Link:

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Clyde_en_US.zip (~500MB)

WeiDU.log attached

Install Instructions:

There is no need to unpack the modfile. You will still need to make sure that the vanilla dialog.tlk is not accessable to the game (instructions below if you haven't already done it). Just copy the downloaded modfile to the game's /Files folder

To install the mod BG1EE:
    - Download the files to your device and place into the folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

If you can't save to that folder, then download and move there after download.

You will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.lua' (File)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Clyde_en_US.zip' (File)
    and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

----

To uninstall (for All):

- Delete 'BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Clyde_en_US.zip'

After you rename dialog.tlk in the .obb or added a vanilla modfile containing dialog.tlk to your /files folder, you will be back at vanilla...

----

If this is the first modfile that you have used, you may need to remove access to the games vanilla dialog.tlk (and dialogf.tlk if it exists). Having both the modded version and vanilla version can cause some confusion within the game and result in INVALID text.

The following describes the process with BG1EE, but is the same (with file paths changed of course) for BGSOD and BG2EE.

Removing access to vanilla dialog.tlk:

- Make a backup of 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' to anywhere not in its folder (this is just a safety measure so that if it goes wrong, you don't need to redownload it). If you don't have the space then that is fine and this step can be skipped. It just means a download later of the file. (xxx = a number)

- Install 'RAR for Android' if you don't have it (free version in the Google Play store is fine). I know this one works, not sure about other compression software.
    - Open RAR and navigate to 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/'
    - Long press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' and rename to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip'
    - Short press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' which should open the file allowing you to look at the contents. If it asks which program to use, then direct it to RAR.
    - navigate to '/lang/en_US/' (or which ever language you are using), long press on 'dialog.tlk' and rename to 'dialog.klt' (it can be anything as long as it follows the xxxxxx.xxx naming rule. I just reverse the extension so that I know what it was...).
    - Do the same for dialogf.tlk to dialogf.klt if it exists.
    - let RAR save the renaming (it takes a little while but you can see when it is finished by looking at the bottom of the app window, it will revert back to the long file name). This method should not change the size of the .obb at all.
    - Back out of 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' so that you again see the whole file.
    - Rename 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' back to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' (this is often forgotten; if the game starts to try and redownload the .obb, this is the first place to look for a fix)
    - That ends the adjustment for the .obb

If you want to play a vanilla game again, then you can simply go back into the patch.obb and rename dialog.klt back to dialog.tlk or you can get a copy of the vanilla dialog.tlk and copy it to the folder 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang/en_US' after removing the modded version (or follow you language pathing). You may need to create /lang/en_US.

More info for Android 11/12/13:

A problem may occur if you are using Android 11/12/13 and you can't see the /Android/data folder. This can be overcome using 'Files' from Google Play. Have a look at these instructions for further info. A forumite has reported it doesn't work on their device, but I haven't yet had a problem. Not sure what to do if it doesn't work on your device.

To edit patch.obb, you will need to copy the patch.obb file out of it's original folder as RAR wont have access, but copying it to your /downloads folder will allow renaming dialog.tlk etc. Just copy/move it back after renaming.
    ----

You are now ready to test, if the games crash, then it is possible you have 2 modfiles in the /Files folder. Make sure you only have 1. If the game plays, then you should be good to go.

----

Happy Gaming
    Gus