Skip to content

Why is modding here harder than even the new games?

FredBluesFredBlues Member Posts: 9
I just want a few mods, Item Upgrade, Rogue Rebalance and morituri. In the original game I had no problems. In EE from Steam I can't even accidently download something.

The proper files are not there to accept a download. Could someone simply explain where I redirect the downloads?

If I ever dig deep enough in storage garage (wife laughing crazy here) I plan on finding my original disks and reloading them so I can enjoy the mods!

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Please elaborate on what you mean with files to accept a download. Are you talking about the game, or the mods? Where do you try to download it to, and from where?
  • FredBluesFredBlues Member Posts: 9
    BG2EE game files don't seem to have a place for the mods to download to. I manually went through every file looking for a game file that resembled the game file on the original BG2, but I can't find it. The G3 downloader can't find it. G3 just dumps the mods in the old Black Isle files that remained after I uninstalled the game years ago.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    FredBlues wrote: »
    BG2EE game files don't seem to have a place for the mods to download to. I manually went through every file looking for a game file that resembled the game file on the original BG2, but I can't find it. The G3 downloader can't find it. G3 just dumps the mods in the old Black Isle files that remained after I uninstalled the game years ago.
    There is no specific place for mods in the Infinity Engine, even the non EE.
    Just extract the downloaded mod in the game main folder (it would be better to first make a copy of it and install mods only on that copy) and launch the setup-x normally.
    With Steam the game folder is on Steam/steamapps/common. Make a copy of it and then put your mod files in the copy.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    For the EE it is basically the same like it was for the classic BG(II), that the setup-mymod.exe should run in the game folder where the Chitin.key file is in.
    So the mod folder and the setup-modname.exe should be in that folder.