Skip to content

SCS install with EET - seems to hang

holdstrongholdstrong Member Posts: 4
Order of operations:
  1. Installed BG1EE and BG2EE
  2. Ran DLC Merger in BG1EE, success
  3. Installed EET in BG2EE, success (did not run setup-EET_end)
  4. Installed SCS in BG2EE, installation hangs
It hangs at the point of: setup-EET.exe Queried (pid = 280)

I gave it a half hour and then control V'd out of it. Tried again, same thing.

Two questions I can think of... Am I installing SCS into the right directory? I assume it goes into BG2EE in this scenario, but maybe it goes somewhere else? And, am I just not waiting long enough? Does it take longer than a half hour (with no install feedback)?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    The BG2:EE (now EET) game folder is the correct one, yes.
    Do you have the setup-SCS.DEBUG? I'm suspecting whether the queue you are seeing is actually the weidu updater failing, and not the actual SCS installation. Because there is no reason why SCS would call the setup-EET.exe, this seems to be weidu trying to update itself (which fails easily since Win10).
    Restarting should work eventually, though. Or you could temporarily remove the setup-EET.exe from the game folder so it doesn't detect it any more.

Please read the readme or other info about whether SCS goes after EET_End, actually.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited August 2023
    SCS and EET_End are install agnostic. I prefer SCS first (incase SCS ever adds NPC reactions to the Kahrk component) but it doesn't matter atm.

Yes, the hang should be the weidu updater itself.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    SCS and EET_End are install agnostic. I prefer SCS first (incase SCS ever adds NPC reactions to the Kahrk component) but it doesn't matter atm.

Yes, the hang should be the weidu updater itself.
    The improved NPC management component requires to install SCS after EET End for max compatibility.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Ah, I use NPC_EE. Explains why I wasn't aware of the issue. Thanks!
  • holdstrongholdstrong Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2023
    I was finally able to get it to install. The problem was that I was letting the installer initiate the process - it installs the data and setup file and then runs the setup file. That is what wasn't working. I had to run the setup file on its own, then it worked.
    jastey wrote: »
    Please read the readme or other info about whether SCS goes after EET_End, actually.

This is clear as mud to me. EET Readme seems to be pretty explicit in saying that EET_end should be installed last, after all mods. But I've found info, never official, just forum chatter, that SCS should be installed after EET_end.

The SCS readme is silent on the issue, doesn't give instructions on the topic at all. However, I did find this in the changelog: "Experimentally removed the requirement that SCS is installed after EET_end." That sure seems to imply that, at least at one point in time, it was expected that SCS would be installed after EET_end... but they recently changed that (experimentally).

Clear as mud. :D