Skip to content

Requiring Help identifying a mod

rampa99rampa99 Member Posts: 5
Hello All,
Thanks a lot to the modding community !
I'm aksing for a little help identifying a mod. I've just purchased BGee & BG2ee & SoD on GOG, install them, and of course just start modding them as I did years ago.

I'm using BigWordSetupFR for that (I'm French) as it is still maintened, links to mods are almost all OK etc...
Been doing that for IWDee this summer, no issue.

But with BG2ee, one of the mod I have installed is displaying in the dialog zone what can only be debug info. I have installed EET, lauch it with Infinity loader, and whenever zone I am in, i have got a ton on message "Execution of bloc XX of for YYY.BCS", either with no NPC attached, either with IMOEN and the BCS file will be Imoen, with anyother NPC present (I am at the Candle in, so doing the same with the mage giving quest here etc...

It is really annoying and breaks the game. I am sure some mods activate a weird debug option... If you have any idea on how to hide it, I'll be extra grateful and give Bouh an additionnal cookies.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• rampa99rampa99 Member Posts: 5
    Attached is the list of mod I installed, in case it help

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    I know that the Stutter Debug Tool adds this output, it's only meant for debugging purposes, but I don't see it in your weidulog, so it seems to be another mod doing this which I can's identify.

All in all: with this output, cutscenes will break, so this install is not playable.

And, the order of the mods you installed is not ideal, you have updated mods that need different install order but put BP into the mix which is outdated, etc. -
    Maybe it's time to make a list of the mods you want to install and ask for install order help. I cannot recommend what you have there.
    Thx a lot ! I put the wrong file (it was a weidu_preselection log). And in my real install, i can see in fact stutter was installed.

normally BigWorldSetup is supposed to check mod, check conflicts etc...

My idea behind is to have 1° EET complete 2° with as many as the nice additionnal mods as possible (especially quests etc. I remembered loving chasing Bodhi when she kidnapp Jaheira (who was Charname romantic interest at the time) 20 years ago. I also have a big corporate job as well as 2 kids & 1 kitten (and a loving wife somewhere), so I would like to spend more time playing than installing mods, as time is as critical ressource.... ==> hence the BigWorld with a pack "recommanded / extended". Chery on top would be to have all French Mod as it is my native language and not a mix of French & English as it breaks the immersion.

Thanks for the tip, will try it asap !
    It did work, stutter was indeed the culprit. Will try to take it to out the Keep and into Chap1 to see if it is ok !
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2023
    @rampa99

You have installed DragonSpear UI++ at the end it's not a good idea, UI mods should be installed at the beginning. (And you installed it on top of another UI "EET_GUI")

Why didn't you ask for help on the french forum ? There are explanations for adding mods that are not on the list and a french translation for Dragonspear UI++

Stutter Debug Tool has no conflict with anything, but it's a tool used for debug your installation in case of issue and should not be used to play.
    DragonSpearUI++ is not referenced yet in BWS FR but I really really like it. So no other choice than to install it at the end. And my account on the French forum is pending validation John ;-) I will switch to it ASAP but was anxious to debug my install.

At the moment (CandleKeep => StrongArmIn) everything is OK with my Inquisitor Paladin CharName.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited September 2023
    rampa99 wrote: »
    DragonSpearUI++ is not referenced yet in BWS FR but I really really like it. So no other choice than to install it at the end. And my account on the French forum is pending validation John ;-) I will switch to it ASAP but was anxious to debug my install.

In the meantime you have an explanation of how to install mods that are not on the list on this topic.

Using this method, you can add any mod you want while respecting the installation order.

rampa99 wrote: »
    At the moment (CandleKeep => StrongArmIn) everything is OK with my Inquisitor Paladin CharName.

I hope all goes well, but it's possible that problems will arise with the Worldamp or Game options, or at Level Up, or else.