Skip to content

[Mod request] Anyone feeling like making The Ultimate Item Mod? "One to rule them all"

shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
edited November 2023 in BGII:EE Mods
So ... this may not be realistic to ask for, but is anyone up for making a "install only this item mod, it has all the items"?

I don't really mean ALL items per se, some items are overpowered or broken. On the other hand, as others have pointed out, some of the code in some of the item mods is broken, and I think I encountered this in regards to weidu reinstalling stuff, where some items suddenly only show that blueish icon where it has to be identified, but there is no item displayed. Sometimes I get a String such as "Item 37893798: invalid" or something like that. So the idea of this mega-mod would be that ALL these items would be put into one single add-on. And ideally maintained by different folks on github.

Of course one can now ask "but which item is overpowered and which one is not"? So, yes, this may not be perfectly balanced either and people may want to have different items, but we could ask people's opinion about these items regularly. Aka "is this item too weak" or "is this item too overpowered".

As it is right now, different item packs have different awesome items. Some of these items I really need. Some items are simply a lot of fun, like the teddy bear and Edwin carrying that teddy bear. Other items are stylish - I often wear cloaks that are garbage, but they look so stylisch. Like the cloak that yields 100% electric resistance. It simply looks cool on the characters!

Other items are hilarious, like that dropping berries or so belt ... the one that raises luck from Lava's mod (I think). So I wear items that are stylish too. But they are all spread over the places:

For instance right now I have:

- Unofficial_Item_Pack
- forgotten-armament
- Quest_Pack
- sod2bg2_iu-v2.0.6
- ItemUpgrade
- Made_in_Heaven_mod

They could also still be maintained by the original author, so in these cases it's totally fine to add them 1:1, so that would just be a re-packaging of upstream content in a SINGLE mod. On the other hand some of these mods are abandoned, and I feel it would be ideal to have this all on github co-maintained by different people. Anyway, just in event anyone feels like making THE ULTIMATE ITEM MOD, it would simplify installing stuff and perhaps also changing stuff.

Comments

• shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    Ah, another bug I recently have: some corpses have that highlight where
    you can pick stuff, and there is this flask-like icon shown, but when you click
    on it, you see exactly zero items. So something is messed up on my system
    again. Letting weidu reinstall things didn't solve anything. In fact, it actually
    made things worse. I really would love to replace weidu ... if anyone ever
    feels like documenting things properly, that would help a LOT. With that I
    mean the inner workings, rather than just putting this in weidu behind
    some crypt code that is hard to understand.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    No, this is an awful idea. As the creator and owner of Forgotten Armament I am 100% against this.