Skip to content

How do you actually edit anything in Near Infinity?

ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
edited November 2012 in General Modding
Today is my first time using it and I haven't been able to figure out how to edit anything in a way that the game will recognize and its getting really frustrating. I am trying to change an NPC into a PC, which should work according to the description when I downloaded it and what someone said in a different thread. There is supposed to be an "export" button somewhere in my saved games so that I can export the the NPCs. However, there is no such button.

This button does exist in the character files section so I can export characters that are already characters if I want to make them into characters. I want to somehow copy and paste what it says about the NPCs I want to become PCs into the a PC's character file so that it will replace it and actually work. However, the program will not allow me to copy and paste anything. Nor will it allow me to move them over in any other way. When I manually typed things in, the character files would not open in the actual game.

I also found a list of in-game characters, including all NPCs, as they would appear in the game when first met. This isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but it did have an "export" button, or so I thought. However, upon actually using the export button, a .CRE file is created which does not show up in the actual game if I try to use it as a character file. Attempting to turn it into a character file and loading that will cause the game to crash. This is getting really frustrating and I am beginning to wonder what the purpose is for this "editor" if it cannot in fact edit anything, at least not anything that the game will recognize.

Would someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? Also, if there is a better program to accomplish what I am trying to do I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

Comments

• ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    Nevermind. I figured out that everything I was editing in Baldur's Gate 2 was showing up in Tutu instead of BG2, so it actually was working, just not where I thought it was. Now I just have to figure out how to get the voices to match.