Skip to content

[Bug] Unconsciousness / knocked out persons

JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
edited September 2012 in Fixed
In BG1 you could knock out people by choosing your fists instead of weapons. After that they were lying on the ground for a while. Somehow this is buggy in BG2. Knocked out persons stand up immediately again.

(Copied this from my thread in the request-forum: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1574/my-wishlist#latest )

Jarl
Post edited by Bhryaen on
AndreaColombo

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Doesn't appear to be an issue in BGEE... Out like a light... :-)
    AndreaColombo
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    How about with monks?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Jarl said:

In BG1 you could knock out people by choosing your fists instead of weapons. After that they were lying on the ground for a while.

Wow I honestly had no clue you could do this.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Fist by non-Monks are considered a non-lethal attack. You could use non-lethal to stop an NPC that turned on you, that you don't want to have to kill.

I don't know of any quest in BG that involves knocking someone out with non-lethal attacks, but maybe in DLC :)
  • kszatankszatan Member Posts: 8
    @bigdogchris: How do you choose your team leader if not by organizing some small bare-knuckle boxing tournament? ;)
    Anton
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Last man standing :)
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    If you wreck your reputation and don't want to worsen it by killing Flaming Fist, this could be handy.

I used it against the grieving father who confronts you in an inn in Beregost. His buddy accused me of killing him anyway. :/
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You can actually kill that guy with no consequence to your reputation.

I only found out recently that you could actually talk your way out of it...
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Tanthalas said:

You can actually kill that guy with no consequence to your reputation.

I only found out recently that you could actually talk your way out of it...

Yup. I've only killed him once in my 4 or 5 playthroughs. Once I figured out you could talk him put of it, that's all I do. No fun being good all the time. ;)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    In the Rogue Rebalancing mod this can add saps as a weapon, which I think only do 1-2 damage, but will knock someone out instead of killing them when reduced to 0 HP, is useful as they take the club proficiency, as are easier to hit someone with than fists.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    I talk him out of it.. And then kill him!

*XP whore right here*
  • Eldoth_KronEldoth_Kron Member Posts: 18
    Ken said:

I talk him out of it.. And then kill him!

*XP whore right here*

I usually end up just calming Marl down. Started a new game on the original release a few days ago ( for comparison once the EE is out), and end up having Montaron backstab him while he was contemplating on the CHARNAME's words. His friend truly has an awesome line if you click him.