Skip to content

Bhaal Should Have Survived the Time of Troubles

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
When Cyric tried to start some crap, he should have just said:

"My name's Bhaal... and this is between y'all."

That's seriously it. That's the post. That's all I've got.

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    *begins slow clap*
    HaHaCharadeMedullaOblongata
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    ... Yes well, him surviving would essentially defeat the entire story of Baldur's Gate....
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    It was either survive or get laid.
    HaHaCharadeWigglesMedullaOblongata
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    You know I was going to say "But I love Cyric"

But then I thought "If Bhaal never died...Cyric would not have killed Midnight (Mystra)...No spellplague

You may be on to something here...
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I've watched some TV shows and read some books where there are an infinite number of parallel realities. Each one is a world in which everything happened differently because the decisions of individual people were different.

It could be interesting to work this idea of infinite parallel universes into the infinity engine (pun intended). It could then be possible to travel to worlds where Bhaal never died, where Sarevok was adopted by Gorion instead of you, where the drow and the white elves were in opposite places, etc. or where people and/or gods from one of those parallel worlds invade the one the actual game takes place in.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    If there is a Bg3 that continues the storyline of bg2, I hope it will be the resurrection of Bhaal. Bhaal will take his revenge on Cyric and there will be a war between the god and the former god. Meanwhile, charname (who chose to give up godhood at the end of bg2) will once again put up his swords and save the world.