Skip to content

Do you dream the games you play?

2»

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    The other day I dreamt I preloaded bgee, but for some reason it let me play even though it wasn't technically "released" and it was full of bugs, it was terrible. Of course when I awoke I reassured myself that when it actually does release it will be epic.
    ajwzProont
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    i've worked out Civ strategies whilst asleep
    ajwzProont
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Been replaying NWN2 and had a dream of Elanee, Khelgar and Neeshka arguing.
    Proont
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    rexreg said:

i've worked out Civ strategies whilst asleep

Lol, yeah. Imagine having to explain to your gf why you woke her up in the middle of the night screaming "Damn you Gandhi".
    MedullaOblongataProont
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    ajwz said:

Lol, yeah. Imagine having to explain to your gf why you woke her up in the middle of the night screaming "Damn you Gandhi".

I was on the phone when I read this and burst out laughing. The person on the other line thought I was laughing at him! xD
    Proont
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Had another Assassins Creed dream. I think I'm starting to suffer from the bleeding effect.
    MedullaOblongataProont
  • GreedySadistGreedySadist Member Posts: 15
    Actually yes, I dream about games what i play quite often
    for example i once dreamed that i got teleported to the Realms and became company of Gorion's Ward
    ...as a mage.
    Proont
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I recently had dreams about a transgendered gay minsc, and a pregnant male Aerie.

Well not really.
    MedullaOblongataProont
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I don't think I've ever had a D&D dream. I will try to have one.
    Proont
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    I once had a dream that was a mash-up of mass effect gears of war and transformers. It was awesome and i still remember most of the details.
    Proont
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've just dreamed that I was playing BG:EE ...
    rexregProont
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Every time I play one game for an extended period of time (like ~10+ hours in a day), I dream about it. It actually gets slightly annoying.
    Proont
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    trinit said:

i had weirdest dream a month or two ago: overhaul managed to recover all the source assets for planescape :torment and it released it in 3D. at first i was skeptical at this transition, but then i got transported into the world and i just stood there in awe at the world.
    of course, i wasn't playing it on monitor i was TNO at the time.
    i remember how everything seemed so vivid and rich and i was just walking around, recognizing all the places, marveling how they retextured even the stuff that wasn't visible on old 2D background. it was all so logical, they didn't export backgrounds, they just improved them in original 3d files and kept them that way.
    i was trying to talk to some NPC's but remembered that there is no voice over so only text remained, which disappointed me a bit, but i somehow managed to get "generic" voiced lines to cover the illusion of talking NPC's.

as i started to search the new (improved retextured) version of companions (i just saw grace and morte), hoping they still look recognizable, i woke up. i remained in bed for next 15 minutes, recollecting the dream. this was one of the more pleasant game-to-dream experiences. do you have anything to share?

Was it a dream? Or was it a new Skyrim mod? lol. Or maybe, a prophecy :o

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @ElysianEchoes mhm, you found me out!

so sayeth wise Alaundo (*snap,snap*)! ;D
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    MAaaan... in the times I had time (no pun intended) to play games for hours, I mean over 8 hours straight, definitely yes...
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    @belgarathmth: If I were you, I'd never want to awaken.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Anduine, I do enjoy my sleep and my dreams, for sure.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited December 2012
    They do sound very cool.

I have to say, my dreams are for the most part infinitely more exciting than my day-to-day life, especially the scary ones, and they often have game-y or cinematic elements which is odd as I don't watch a huge amount of film or television. They're usually very dystopic and often involve places that are very familiar to me but have been altered somehow, or really mad places my brain just makes up.

After a particularly long session playing BGSoA, I dreamt about a city, which might have been my home city, but what appeared to be Valygar's sphere had appeared in the middle of it and I had to find my way in in order to shelter from some pretty scary monsters roaming the streets.

I find hack 'n' slash RPGs usually inspire the most game dreams, I think it must be to do with the level of activity on screen. A lot of my dreams do involve fantasy elements though. Another memorable time my brain managed to combine Zombieland and War of the Worlds to fabulous effect, and the freakiest of all came just before I got married; I dreamt I lost the ring and had to go and retrieve it from a Lord of the Rings style fantasy, complete with Golem. The other part of that dream was equally freaky, I dreamt our honeymoon suite was a room with no windows, lined on the walls and ceiling like the inside of a coffin! Pick the bones out of that, Freud. To borrow a phrase, they often feel like 'standing on the edge of control' but they're fun to be in.
    Proont
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I tend to have a lot of dreams about the soon-to-come zombie apocalypse. I consider these prophetic, and I am hording as many medkits as I can to fix any lost HP. I also started hording every magazine and book I could to boost my skill stats.

You might ask yourself...how does he know he will survive? Well I've already started gathering XP too. I do every quest I can. I knock on people's doors and ask them if I can help them. And usually they are like, "Can you please go to the store and buy me some milk?" And I do. Sometimes they don't even reward me with any cash incentives. But I know that every time I fetch something for an NPC I grow stronger.
    MERLANCEProont
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    My dreams are usually of a medieval time, very pedestrian, more like memories, simple things like fixing a wagon, talking to a friend about the upcoming harvest, things like that. I don't think I've ever dreamed of a game. Sometimes I will about what's going on in the novels I'm writing.
    Proont
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    I dreamt once I was on a map for Battlefield 3 actually nope I was actually in Afghanistan...