Skip to content

[Anomaly] All the world x me in Nashkel *Not an issue*

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited November 2012 in Fixed
I'm actually playing a evil character from the start of baldur's gate, i'm in Nashkel now:

What happens -

When i enter the city with reputation 3 i am attacked as soon as the amn soldiers see me. Well, ok now i'm with reputation 1 and now i have a infinite bounty hunters inside the city triyng to kill me, they're weak ok, but they are infinite so i can't even walk for 5s that a new lot of bounty hunters fall on me.

What should happen -

Eerr... a bounty hunter atk betwen a large space of time? time enough to walk? to breath? Well i don't call it a bug, but more an anomaly, the game is playable yet.

The question is:

Maybe i'm wrong and it is to happen, but if this infinite spawn is to happen, just ignore my post.

I tought about installing virtue mod but i hate it, i like the fact ppl hate a low reputation party and lost it is lost part of the fun about being evil.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    It's true when you have a low reputation people will HATE YOUR GUTS. Enough that it might be decided law and justice are no match for pure rage. They'll take justice into their own hands and dispense their own corrupt form of pain on your evil path.

Best thing to do is go to a temple, donate 99% of your money and they'll like you again.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    And what is your point @Ward?
    edited June 2012
    I don't have one. When you have a low rep, you get attacked. The only way to fix it is to go to a temple and give them your hard earned moolah and cash.

If you already know that I don't know what 'your' point is. I'm almost certain being attacked periodically is normal. Never had 1 rep before.
    I raised the question of a anomaly with this topic, something that don't should happen but don't direct interfere on the game play. That's my point and i believe its simple enough to understand.

Pay to raise my reputation don't resolve my problem, i have an evil party and i want that to continue this way. That would be avoid the problem instead of fix it.
    Who said you can't be an evil party who enjoys donating money to the church? :D
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Good Point :P
    No one, but the anomaly says that i can't be an evil party that don't like to donate money to the church, when i do that i'm spammed with tons of bounty hunters at the same time.

Now my friend i believe you have all the points needed to see why i made the topic so let's stop this improdutive talk so someone can find a solution to my problem. This is not a feature implement topic after all and i grow tired of justify a request.
    O NOW I SEE. You're unhappy with the frequent but weak bounty hunters. Yes that should be changed I agree. If you enjoy playing evil then it should be worthwhile, right?
  • SanspisSanspis Member Posts: 1
    Plus, it doesn't really help the immersion to be overrun with trash enemies. I'd totally support your point, @kamuizin
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Yeah I agree. I've never played a super evil party that deliberately gets a low rep before but it sounds like a cool idea.
  • HominicusHominicus Member Posts: 7
    If your kill count is high, instead of making them hostile put the fear effect on them.
    If your kill count is high, instead of making them hostile put the fear effect on them.
    Maybe a solution for the time, i didn't try it but i believe the bounty hunters don't have a limit of spawns. Yet is a solution for the moment, for now i just raised my reputation to 6 in a temple, after the events in nashkel come to an end i drop it agin.

Really hope that the Enhanced Edition give some backup to the evil parties, cos the lost of gold and money you have as evil is astonishing, in every aspect of the game it's easier to be good when the opposite that should be true.
  • nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    IMHO, this should be a feature request, not a bug request.
    IMHO, this should be a feature request, not a bug request.
    ... That's the question. 20+ bounty hunters on the screen attacking you at the same time and for each 1 you kill 2 appear in his place, is this a bug? This don't make the game unplayable, however i don't believe that its to happen.
  • nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2012
    20+ bounty hunters on the screen attacking you at the same time and for each 1 you kill 2 appear in his place, is this a bug? This don't make the game unplayable, however i don't believe that its to happen.
    Absolutely that's a bug - apologies, that wasn't communicated clearly in the initial post, if Bounty Hunters are actually spawning in those numbers.

However, I think that the conversation about penalties for low reputation belongs more in the feature request section.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This may be transitioning more into a feature request than fixing the bug, but here's my suggestion:

When your reputation is sufficiently low (3 or lower), any time you enter a town or city - Beregost, Nashkel, Gullykin, or anywhere in Baldur's Gate - you should be confronted by members of some kind of law enforcement, whether it's halfling guards, Flaming Fist Mercenaries, or just generic soldiers from the area. They should give you the opportunity to lay down your weapons and go with them to the nearest [prison/temple/government building] to either begin a quest for your redemption, pay a sufficient fine to return your reputation to above 3, or to otherwise "answer" for your crimes.

You also have the opportunity to just kill the mercenaries or soldiers, but no further soldiers should spawn in their place.

This would reduce the problems of having a low reputation, while still making it clear that the world doesn't like you very much.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    This may be transitioning more into a feature request than fixing the bug, but here's my suggestion:

When your reputation is sufficiently low (3 or lower), any time you enter a town or city - Beregost, Nashkel, Gullykin, or anywhere in Baldur's Gate - you should be confronted by members of some kind of law enforcement, whether it's halfling guards, Flaming Fist Mercenaries, or just generic soldiers from the area. They should give you the opportunity to lay down your weapons and go with them to the nearest [prison/temple/government building] to either begin a quest for your redemption, pay a sufficient fine to return your reputation to above 3, or to otherwise "answer" for your crimes.

You also have the opportunity to just kill the mercenaries or soldiers, but no further soldiers should spawn in their place.

This would reduce the problems of having a low reputation, while still making it clear that the world doesn't like you very much.
    This sounds good, as long as it doesn't just get silly like in Skyrim where you could get on an endless cycle of pick pocketing, paying your fine and then just getting back to business. You should only get a couple of chances at redemption.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Yeah I agree, (though it wasn’t the initial point of the thread it seems to be a point many people are making) there isn’t much incentive to play an evil character, its harder and less rewarding which shouldn’t be the case, the previously made suggestions about the bounty hunters sound good to me. Perhaps the introduction of specific quests that can only be found if the party is at low rep or something? I dunno just thinking out loud.

But yeah Kamuizin you’ve brought up a good point, its a bit of a stupid scenario really and I agree it needs to be changed.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Well, as I understand it (I haven't looked at the tables recently), the cost to raise your reputation from 1 to 4 is significant; enough that it would be quite a setback to have to pay it, and also enough that a government body might be inclined to "look the other way" if it means stimulating the economy.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited June 2012
    All I have to say is this. I never ever saw a "Lay down your weapons and come with me" From the Flaming Fist. Amd if there was one, I never noticed. :p It was just; There is the mass murderer of the Friendly Arm! Kill him! Then again, they sort of died quickly. One character of mine once wiped out 20 groups of Flaming Fist guards. They just kept on spawning and spawning. :)
    You think they would give up after a while of me running around Beregost ripping through them and taking out innocent bystanders in the fray as well...

Anyways, with the Flaming Fist, it would be nice to have a maximum of one or two parties fighting you at one time. They took me out using 5 parties of the Flaming Fist, scouts, battle mages, and all. :)
    Post edited by GemHound on
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Tanthalas This seems fixed. Entered Nashkel with 1 rep and only 1 bounty hunter spawned. Been running around killing everyone but nothing.