Skip to content

Will you preload Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Will you preload Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?184 votes
    1. Yes, I will preload the game
      89.67%
    2. No, I won't preload the game
      10.33%

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Of course I'll preload, why wouldn't I? Obviously Mac, iOS and Android can't, but I'm a PC so I'm good :)
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I will preload the crap out of it.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    dont see why not, cost's me nothing, and saves me abit of time when its actualy released.

soon....SOON!!
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Yes, to ease the load on their servers when the game actually releases. This will probably help the developers a little bit.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'll preload it just in case there's a server crash due to too much traffic on release day. That's basically why they offered the preload as a benefit to those who pre-ordered.

Some people want to preload because they still have a slow internet connection that might take hours to download that much data, and thus, they will get to get right into playing on release day without worrying about managing and waiting for a big download. Even with my own high-speed internet connection, a download this size could take quite a bit of time. I won't be wanting to wait even fifteen to thirty minutes, or, heaven forbid, going on an hour or more, to play the game once I'm ready to sit down and get into it, probably that weekend starting on Friday. Or maybe Thursday night. ;)
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    I will be preloading the game as soon as I possibly can tomorrow.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Work is getting busy, and I have a big assignment to do for school. It's hard to balance a full time job with part time studies and find time to play games, while spending time with the wife... so I'll have to delay the download by a bit not to get distracted.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Of course I'm going to pre-load it. And when I'm done with my current BG2 playthrough, I'll be uninstalling the original BG, which I should have did that a while ago, but meh.
  • JaanivJaaniv Member Posts: 17
    Of course I'll preload it right away, might take a while with my connection but thats what my xbox is for :)
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    I'll be preloading so that I can play as soon as the game unlocks next Wednesday.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    See no reason not to if i can.
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    Oh, I will not preload it. I prefer to wait other 3 months. The waiting was funny. REALLY funny.

Hell, what a question...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    I will preload for the same reasons the developers offer the pre-load: because of the risk of server overload on the day of release. We got a five-day timeframe for the preload and if - on H-Hour - the servers get overloaded and connections are poor, for the pre-loaders it will only be a small file (I'm guessing on the bgmain exe-file not being released until H-Hour) to download, while others may have hassle with downloads when they have to grab 3 GB from overloaded servers.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'd only try to pre-load to avoid the server overload that I think will come on release day. While not the biggest new game in terms of media and marketing, I do think that it will get more than a small share of interest.

The big boon will be the IOS release. Hamsters, Rangers and Ipadders rejoice!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I will pre-load, just in order to not waste time on 28th of november
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
  • SykoPatSykoPat Member Posts: 2
    @Shandyr

Yes I will preload.

I have a slow connection and want to be ready. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Yes, and probably going to skip my lecture to start playing straight away.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    It is a shame... right now I feel a bit bored and would have some time to play the next few days... but the day the BG:EE is released happens to be the exact same day I am picking up my girlfriend from the airport.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Ashendil said:

It is a shame... right now I feel a bit bored and would have some time to play the next few days... but the day the BG:EE is released happens to be the exact same day I am picking up my girlfriend from the airport.

Give her the number for a cab company?

• CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    Yeah, I will. Having the data on my PC and not being able to play it won't be any harder than waiting for the release date to play. It's the same thing to me. Pre loading just means I don't need to waste time on release day downloading and installing. In a perfect world, I'd be able to walk into a store and pick up a real, physical copy but that hasn't been possible for the kinds of computer games I play in years, so this is the next best thing.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Ashendil said:

Give her the number for a cab company?

or give her my number :P
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I'm going to preload it, because it's more auspicious if it's done tomorrow rather than on the 28th :P

Ha, I'm actually too excited to wait until the 28th xD
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    Well.. might aswell preload and be done with the downloading come release.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    drsahl said:

Well.. might aswell preload and be done with the downloading come release.

well said.

• IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    I'm so excited i'm gonna pre-load all over the place.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    First off, I don';t have access to my main computer this week.
    Second off, I don't see the point of downloading it before you can even play it.
    Third off, I don't want it on my computer come the 30th. That is a lot of unneeded temptation right before finals. I will buy and download it after finals are over.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I'm in the beta.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Heck yeah! I do not have a reason to avoid preloading. It costs me nothing and saves me time later.