Skip to content

New races?

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
Do you think having new playable races like Half-Dragon or Dragonborn would be good?

Comments

• Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    Yeah,and fus ro dah spell plz! Just kiddin.;d
    Well,actually half-dragon idea is kinda good. I d like to see drows too (i hate em coz of Lolth but still they are pretty cool)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Like Abazigal? It would definitely be interesting to say the least! It would possibly mean also adding a LOT of balancing (after all, transforming into a dragon on level one would be kind of an overkill.)

Subraces would be fun, if else to only have their name on the character screen (similar to Neverwinter Nigths 1)
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I think they cover most of the relevant races, Drow would be cool however it would be impossible to complete the game as everyone would strike out against you, but then somehow viconia doesnt get bothered too much so I don't know how it would work.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I love dragons and reptiles.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I love dragons and reptiles.
    Lucky the elder scrolls can settle that for you :P, lizard races tend to be enemies in forgotten realms, kobolds, creators and lizardfolk, shame really. I remember Deekin being a funny character in Never Winter Nights.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think PhillipDaigle did say that they'd like to add the subraces from IWD2 as a post-released patch. So we can at least hope for those.
    I think PhillipDaigle did say that they'd like to add the subraces from IWD2 as a post-released patch. So we can at least hope for those.
    That would be actually very awesome if at all possible! Would add for a lot of different and fun combinations of classes as well as strengthening up the replay value of the game, which is already high, considering I finished it over 60 times now.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2012
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    Wow that's one of the worst requests here. For the sake of Helm, BG isn't TES.
    You're already child of Bhaal, would you like it when Bhaal made sweet love to an ancient Dragon and a humanoid creature was born? Pls.
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    Wow that's one of the worst requests here. For the sake of Helm, BG isn't TES.
    You're already child of Bhaal, would you like it when Bhaal made sweet love to an ancient Dragon and a humanoid creature was born? Pls.
    Abazigal from Throne of Bhaal is one XD
    edited July 2012
    @Cheesebelly, she's a dragon, not half-one, humanoid only. You know it would feel kinda odd playing a full-scale dragon from the beginning (level one). Feels like it would be kinda overpowered (to be polite). And imagine a dragon in Irenicus' dungeon - Irenicus asking if you realise how much power you have and your dragon character is like http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61v878u1a1qbw92ao2_500.jpg
  • CelebCeleb Member Posts: 14
    @powerfulally
    Actually Abazigal is described as a half-dragon in the book. And here:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Abazigal
    What is he? Half-dragon, half-god?

Or even better. How do You call the child of Bhaal and half-elf? Half-half-elf, half-god?
    edited July 2012
    @Celeb Even if she is half-dragon, changing your form into dragon would be STRANGE AS HELL.

Your character's child is 25% god - Bhaal's grandspawn! :D
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Abazigal's a dude! Stop calling him a she!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Since you can have the CHARNAME be a half-elf, I've always assumed that the Bhaalspawn always ended up being the race of his/her mother.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited July 2012
    Please no. No "wierd" monstrous races from 3rd Ed., 3.5 Ed., or 4th Ed. No gratuitously overpowered combos and archetypes. If you can be any monster you like, monsters automatically cease to be "special" and become ordinary and dull. Let us keep the mistery and atmosphere alive. This is AD&D, not MD&D (Mainstream Dungeons & Dragons, which is what the game has become starting with 4th Ed.).
    @Dazzu, sorry, just a mistake ;)
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    A dragon? Maybe Half Drow but dragon? No way.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    We are allready half gods and you want to be dragon, drow or dragonborn ? ( last one was really funny :D )
    I agree with peoples who wants drows ( drows are cool ) but it will be VERY hard to BG1 story placement, so we probably can´t have drows :-(
  • goetzvolzgoetzvolz Member Posts: 4
    I always liked the plane-touched races. It would be nice to play elemental genasi or thieflings. Those can add cool backgrounds without making the pc too overpowered.
  • soulsniper99soulsniper99 Member Posts: 5
    That would be actually very awesome if at all possible! Would add for a lot of different and fun combinations of classes as well as strengthening up the replay value of the game, which is already high, considering I finished it over 60 times now.
    It also creates a greater sense of continuity when we export the characters as well
  • soulsniper99soulsniper99 Member Posts: 5
    just going with my other psionics thread, there are some interesting but not overpowered races like Elans, that could be interesting to add. anything in the CR 1-2 range.