Skip to content

Question about soundsets.

MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
edited October 2012 in General Modding
Hey, does anyone here know if the BG:EE soundsets will work just like in BG2, since BG:EE will use the Throne of Bhaal version of the engine as a base? Or will they be like in BG1, which I doubt since that would be a step back engine wise. Unless of course a new system is implemented for the EE. I'm asking since I made several soundsets for BG2 and the Tutu/Trilogy mod and would like to know if they will work with the EE or if Ill need to add/remove/change some sounds. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited November 2012
    HI @Mojo! Sorry, I didn't see this and am just responding now. BG:EE's player soundsets are actually identical to BG1's soundset format, as we wanted to match the original content. However, the engine should still support the whole (extended) BG2 soundset format without issue - you *probably* will be able just to drop them in and they'll work no problem.
  • MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    Nathan said:

HI @Mojo! Sorry, I didn't see this and am just responding now. BG:EE's player soundsets are actually identical to BG1's soundset format, as we wanted to match the original content. However, the engine should still support the whole (extended) BG2 soundset format without issue - you *probably* will be able just to drop them in and they'll work no problem.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I guess Ill see tomorrow then. Looking forward to it.
  • Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion Member Posts: 8
    I'm having a problem with custom soundsets for player-generated characters.

I've imported my soundsets to the "sounds" folder in the installation folder under "Program Files," and they play fine in the character creation screen. However, in the game itself, my character makes no sound. These files worked fine in BG1 (and I've tried my BG2 versions as well), but they don't seem to work in BGEE.

Suggestions?
  • MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    @Saber_Scorpion Hey, I put my soundsets into the "\lang\en_US\sounds" (or whatever language your using) folder of the BG:EE install directory. They were made for BG2, but seem to work fine ingame. Although it seems that not all sounds are used, I only seem to hear 1 of the several "Action Acknowledgement" sounds. Cannot confirm this though.
  • lurimaxlurimax Member Posts: 28
    Mojo said:

I put my soundsets into the "\lang\en_US\sounds" (or whatever language your using) folder of the BG:EE install directory.

I did that. They play fine when I'm selecting then in the customize screen, but when they try to play in game I just get static/white noise. I know the sound set works in BG2

• Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion Member Posts: 8
    Mojo said:

@Saber_Scorpion Hey, I put my soundsets into the "\lang\en_US\sounds" (or whatever language your using) folder of the BG:EE install directory. They were made for BG2, but seem to work fine ingame. Although it seems that not all sounds are used, I only seem to hear 1 of the several "Action Acknowledgement" sounds. Cannot confirm this though.

Sounds like the issue I'm having... One "Action Acknowledgement" sound is the only sound I can hear at all. Otherwise the character is completely silent.
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
    Mojo said:

Same issue, no real idea what's causing it.
  • LyravarLyravar Member Posts: 1
    It's not that hard all the BG 2 sound sets are working fine if you modify them. They need to be 22khz, and mono now, also you have to manually change the names according to the sndlist.txt