Skip to content

TobEx: 24

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour:

Effect #238 “Disintegrate”: The death effect memory is not freed when the target does not match the effect parameters

Expected behaviour:

Effect #238 “Disintegrate”: The death effect memory is freed when the target does not match the effect parameters

Revision:

Only create death effect if we are going to use it
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Does this mean "don't create a Distintegrate death animation unless the target dies from it?"
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Oh... I can confirm that this is still broken. I gave character spells they shouldnt have.

Death Spell
    Finger of Death

Both of these use the death effect animation. They dont always kill the targets... but I do always get the death visual animation when they are used.

I do not know if it is a problem with the spell parameters (as they seem to be direct copies of BG2 spells) or if it is a problem in the VVCs or ToBEx
    Nevermind... I take back all I said above. This is not the ToB spells I am looking at. Will try ToB copies and see if they work.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    I'm not sure this is something we can test. It sounds like a fix for a memory leak.
    edited July 2012
    Well at least I did find out that Finger of Death and Death Spell (and probably Disintegrate) are not working properly:P

But since you cant legally get them until BG2... *shrugs*.
    Bhryaen
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I'm not sure this is something we can test. It sounds like a fix for a memory leak.
    Yes, this is a memory leak in the bg2 engine, it would be pretty hard to test it for us. I'm not sure if this is the same i told to Asc64, but i found mine with IDA Pro. If not, then there is a similar one in another bg2 effect.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    It appears that the effect is not created unless the target matches a parameter, rather than deleted in the default case. But this does look fixed.
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    Yes, this is a memory leak fix.