Skip to content

Which party members will you use in your first BG:EE playthrough?

I think I'll start with an evil party of Dorn, Xzar, Montaron, Rasaad (unless the bisexual NPC is Dorn, in which case I'll use Edwin instead of Rasaad) and probably Shar-Teel just because it should be funny (she hates men). I'll play a Half-Orc Priest of Talos unless Rasaad doesn't want to romance Half-Orcs.

What about everyone else?

Comments

• HellishreaperHellishreaper Member Posts: 5
    You can romance people in this game? thats sweet, what are the female options i will have as a human male blackguard? (i will be evil if it blackguards are restricted to evil though i normally play a good character) i am new to Baldurs gate, though i've played many other bioware games such as dragon age, mass effect and one of my all time favorite games ever made KOTOR.
  • KefkaKefka Member Posts: 46
    @hellishreaper Just Neera, most romances are in the next game.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    trying a neutral party. never done that. with Main Fighter/barb/sometinglikethat---Dorn---Rasaad---Neera(for the newness)---Viconia---Imoen....lets see how that works out ; P ....got the classes down, but will they work together.^^? we will see
  • HellishreaperHellishreaper Member Posts: 5
    Has there been a confirmation that they're working on BG2:EE?
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    CHARNAME will be a Male LN Half-Orc Barbarian
    Dorn
    Rasaad
    Imoen (kept as a pure thief)
    Viconia
    Neera
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Gonna do an evil playthrough on my own first. Probably use my guy as a fighter/mage, Dorn, Shar-teel dual-classed to thief at fighter 6, Edwin, Viconia and I'll probably leave the last slot for Imoen until Baldur's Gate where I'll pick up Tiax.
    @hellishreaper Yeah, they'll definitely do BG2:EE, even if the first one is a commercial failure (which I doubt).
    edited November 2012
    @Millardkillmoore
    thief haha ..
    or should i say good choice mr. ^^

edit
    @Hellishreaper yes that is 100 % confirmed
    @etagloc
    I need a good thief and more than one mage is overkill. I want some degree of challenge by the endgame.

• blonk30blonk30 Member Posts: 4
    Well probably have to do my a run with my original party. My fighter, Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Xan, and probably a choice between Rasaad or Dorn. I havent decided yet
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    I have actually chosen my PC class based on which NPCs I want to take. Originally I had been planning very seriously for a Cleric/Illusionist, but realised when I watched the trailer that I really couldn't live without having Quayle in my first party. So I'm going to gamely give the Jester kit a try as I've never played a bard before. I have in mind Yeslick, Imoen, Edwin and Rasaad for the others, not very balanced I know, so open the change.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Millardkillmoore
    may be my english.. but i was trying to say, that you choose the exact same party as me :)
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    Me - fighter/thief
    Imoen
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Kagain
    Dorn or Neera. Will probably try out both.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    Elf/Thief - no kit -
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Kagain
    Eldoth/Shar-Teel

Havent used Eldroth before, so i possibly end up using him, but time will tell.
    Obviously this is a evil playthrough, and yes, i plan to leave alot of corpses in my wake ;)

• NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    I'll probably end up making a party of all three alignments before I can finally pick one. >_<

Assuming Neera is neutral...

Good: me, Rasaad, Ajantis, Imoen, Branwen and maybe Minsc

Neutral: Xan, me, Faldorn, Safana or Skie, Neera and Kivan (I just realised how few fighter type NPCs there are)

Evil: Dorn, me, Montaron, Xzar, Shar-teel, Viconia and Kagain... if I decide to kill off Montaron or Xzar.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It's gonna be six characters through the Black Pits the moment the game is released :

Commander - Human Tank Fighter with Long Swords and Sword n' Shield Style
    Second in Command - Half elven Blade support damager
    The Priest - Dwarf Priest of Helm
    The Pyromaniac - Sorcerer Elf
    The Glass Cannon - Half Orc Barbarian damager
    The Bro - Gnome Fighter/Illusionist support archer

We be doin' lots of death, cheese yeah we are!
    @Cheesebelly

I hadn't thought much about The Black Pits

My party there will probably be:

Half-Orc Barbarian
    Human Inquisitor
    Elven Archer
    Half-elf Sorceror
    Halfling Assassin
    Dwarven Cleric of Lathander

• SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    This is a hard one. Haven't played BG1 in quite some time so I really fancied just doing a good ol' canon party run though, but after reading up on these 3 new characters I'm very tempted to stray from the canon path.
  • MarricMarric Member Posts: 53
    I've got two parties I was considering, and I might end up playing both side by side, to really get a feel for the alignment differences.

Neutral Evil Half-Orc Fighter/Thief
    Dorn
    Kagain
    Sharteel (archer style)
    Viconia
    Zxar/Edwin

and

Chaotic Good Half-Elf Ranger Cleric
    Imoen (probably dual to thief at lvl 4)
    Minsc
    Rashad
    Neera
    Coran
  • MagykMagyk Member Posts: 11
    I'll be using what I used the first time I played BG1:

Myself - Elf Mage (general)
    Imoen
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Branwen
    Xan
    (saving the new NPCs for future playthroughs)

Let the nostalgia ensue :)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    CG half-elf Fighter-Mage
    Imoen
    Viconia
    Rasaad
    Dorn
    Neera
  • OgeeOgee Member Posts: 3
    I really liked Minsc. My wife's face when she'd here his sayings were priceless. I want to do an evil play though at some point, but I'll miss Minsc.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    Kefka said:

Just Neera, most romances are in the next game.

Where did you get this information from?
    All three new NPCs will be romanceable already in BG:EE, albeit in the form of flirtations that will develop into full-blown romances in BG2:EE.

@AndreaColombo He asked about female romanceable NPCs.
    @Kefka - Oh. My bad, then.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Eventually, I plan to end up with:

PC: LE Human Female Necromancer
    Montaron
    Viconia
    Kagain
    Dorn
    Eldoth

I would go with Tiax so I could have every race in my party, but I like having Eldoth, since he'll have a better pick pockets score than Montaron, can cast illusion spells, and can use any weapon (his poisoned arrows are useful too). Plus, he has good taste in wine.
    edited November 2012
    I'll be playing with three different parties, and will carry all three CHARNAMEs over to BG2:EE.

LG Female Human Paladin (Inquisitor)
    Kivan
    Branwen
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Neera

———

NG Male Half-elf Cleric/Ranger
    Ajantis
    Coran
    Safana
    Rasaad
    Xan

———

NE Male Elf Wild Mage
    Imoen
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Shar-Teel (or Kagain)
    I'm also contemplating a "fun" party comprising the Rasaad/Viconia and Dorn/Tiax combos ... but I'll have to come up with a decent concept for CHARNAME and decide whether to keep Imoen as a Thief (perhaps I can swap her for Alora once I get to Baldur's Gate, since I have never tried her).
  • YathrinYathrin Member Posts: 70
    Perhaps the same setup I had in the original BG 1 thirteen years ago: Imoen, Khalid, Jaheera, and Xzar with Montaron. Maybe I will swap Xzar or Montaron with Viconia if she speaks some drow in the voice set. I have learned to understand and speak drow myself during the last two years while playing a multiplayer Baldur's Gate game and it will be fun to understand everything she says. I might consider taking Minsc if he can join the party in BG 1 because he is such a memorable character and unleashing him on monsters with dual blades was fun. I would pick someone else over Imoen but taking her along feels necessary for the sake of BG2:EE plot in the future.