Skip to content

Could you settle the issue of Imoen's hair color?

Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
I know it's just a minor cosmetic thing, and it's fun to see fanficcers coming up with explanations for the inconsistensy but still, for the sake of continuity, could you pick one hair color for Imoen and stick to it? ;)

How it is now: In BG1, Imoens hair are dark brown on her portrait, but orange on her paperdoll. The avatar wears a hood at all times, so it's hard to say.
In BG2, her hair are faded pink on the portrait, bright orange on paperdoll and orangey-pinkish on the avatar.

I can easily accept that she dyed her hair between games, but three colors at the same time is a bit much. :P

How it should be: hair color of paperdoll and avatar matches the portrait.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• IronOgreIronOgre Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2012
    I guess they will probably have to change the portrait since they cannot alter the paperdoll according to the posting on what they cannot do.

List of things that can't be done!

Hope the link worked :P
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    :D that's the old news, and it was more about 'we can't rescan them in HD' than 'can't change'. The new news is, they're bringing in 1PP dolls, so with a little bit of tweaking... maybe! ;)
  • IronOgreIronOgre Member Posts: 11
    Ahhh I'm new as of today and still frantically reading what's what on here. Thanks for the heads up. :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Imoen was a closet punk rocker. Can'tt blame her really. I bet she has some killer tattoos too under all that leather.... ;)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    We could say some things about Jaheira too I guess - Red skinned paper doll, very bright color skin avatar.

Then again my famous WC Bidet mage had Edwin's portrait although he was all... well, blue.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Well, if the 1PP changes get implemented, Imoen will have a hood, so... ;-)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Aranneas said:

Irenicus dyed it. Duh.

Yeah, Irenicus strapped her down and dyed the hell out of it. Thats what caused all of Imoen's trauma about thier capture.
    The issue probably annoyed Irenicus as much as us.
    Problem solved :p

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    I also was not to keen on them making imoens clothing black and yellow in bg2 even though her portrait showed her original pink colour??
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    byrne20 said:

I also was not to keen on them making imoens clothing black and yellow in bg2 even though her portrait showed her original pink colour??

I always change her clothes to pink and yellow in BG2.
    @Deltaslayer

Yeah me to. I always did it in irenicus dungeon. And then she gets arrested by the cowled wizards. You make all that effort going to save her just for the game to slap you in the face and have her clothes black and yellow again when you save her lol
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2012

Imoen was a closet punk rocker. Can'tt blame her really. I bet she has some killer tattoos too under all that leather.... ;)

Not so much punk... maybe goth? Maybe she should spell her name Emo-in. ;-)
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    When BG1 came out in my opinion, it was the probably just a bunch of random ideas and concentrated ideas at the time, I don't know what devs were thinking, I'm only guessing so I can't say honestly. I think when BG1 became a success, they started to be more story-oriented with the characters they wanted to pick out.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282

Correction: Emo and goth, not the same thing.
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    Kaliesto said:

Correction: Emo and goth, not the same thing.
    The emo kids I work with (and they hate me calling them emo because "emo is a style, not a person") all listen to goth music. But not counting my own anecdotal experience, I know you are correct.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    ajwz said:

Aranneas said:

Irenicus dyed it. Duh.

Yeah, Irenicus strapped her down and dyed the hell out of it. Thats what caused all of Imoen's trauma about thier capture.

So all of that whining Imoen does at the beginning of the game is down to the fact that she's having a bad hair day?

@Permidion_Stark

God what would she have been like if he had shaved her hair off lol
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited August 2012

ajwz said:

Aranneas said:

Irenicus dyed it. Duh.

So all of that whining Imoen does at the beginning of the game is down to the fact that she's having a bad hair day?

Yes, I can confirm that.
    When she says "He did things to me... such horrible things", she is referring to his moussing technique.
    "Death is pretty. oh charname, why would I think that" refers to the styling irenicus did on khalid before he died, which imoen much preferred.

This is what the author said later in an interview for clarification, I'll try to find the link.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Aranneas said:

Irenicus dyed it. Duh.

that must have caused all those nightmares Imoen kept going on about.

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

ajwz said:

Aranneas said:

Irenicus dyed it. Duh.

A typical woman, aye?

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Could you also settle the issue of Imoen automatically dual-classing, and becoming a huge whiner in BG2?

I half-kid, of course. Becoming a huge whiner won't be changeable, and it's legitimately part of the plot. I *do* miss her BG1 personality though.

Regardless, totally agree with this thread.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Quartz said:

Could you also settle the issue of Imoen automatically dual-classing, and becoming a huge whiner in BG2?

I had always assumed that was her awakened bhaalspawn power, after irenicus poked and prodded her with magic.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    It could be done in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4644/neeras-haircolour/p1 with Neera too, so it can't be a problem.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Imoen went for the PUNK look after vacationing in Athkatla the first time. If only you could see the piercings....