Skip to content

I "Like" the changes to the Like/Dislike feature.

TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
I don't like giving "Dislike's". I feel like I'm being rude for some reason.

Agree/Disagree seems a lot better to me.
KoreAliteriCameronToferWardAntonspiderdaveCadrosMedillenGrammarsaladlooterTheGrapeTyphlosionSirBuliwyfFlauschigCrevsDaakmeagloth

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2012
    +1 agree. I don't like that all my likes disappeared though.

On a similar note, I'm not sure that the off topic button is too constructive. It would be better for worried users to flag OT posts to mods and for them to have a quiet word with the poster if they think that they need a nudge in the right direction. Edit: The same applies for the off topic and abuse counters in your member profiles. There is no need for everyone to see how many times someone has been reported for abuse (at least I assume that flagging it sets this off, but I haven't been flagged afaik). It's not particularly good for individuals' morale
    Cadros
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Sometimes we just have to take a bullet in the name of progress.
    meagloth
    Yeah and members that need correction in their posting style should get it, but a nameless and potentially unwarranted "off topic" notification from someone that could just have a thing against you isn't a great way of going about it. Moderation with an emphasis on correcting members rather than scaring them either into posting correctly or away is the best way of doing things.
    AndreaColomboCadros
    Well, those are the kind of problems you should expect on internet message boards really.

You just need to trust that the forum moderators can judge whether or not a discussion really is off-topic. Though there are message boards where "marking" off-topic posts is left invisible to everyone except the moderation staff.
    meagloth
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279

Thank you! This was quite the debate over here, and now I'm vindicated!!! hahah!!!
    CadrosGrammarsaladCrevsDaak
    Yeah and that's absolutely fine. My point is that it should be invisible to anyone but mods, including the poster who was marked as OT.

And forums can be moderated well, regardless of size (well up to a million is pretty doable in my experience). Luckily the calibre of discussion is pretty high here though :)

Thank you! This was quite the debate over here, and now I'm vindicated!!! hahah!!!
    I also advocate murdering Paladins that refuse quest rewards in their sleep, so it might be ill advised to use my opinions as leverage in discussions.
    SethDavismeaglothCrevsDaak
    Ha you're

welcome. I also notice that the off topic button is gone now :)
    CrevsDaak
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I disagree... mostly because all my "likes" and "dislikes" that I worked so hard to get badges for have now been flattened. :-P Otherwise I don't care either way. Still, if I'd had to choose which was better initially I'd have gone with "agreement" because it's then a matter of overt opinion and consensus on a considered position rather than a popularity contest. Still... now it's "Agreement = 0." :-(
    AndreaColombo
    edited June 2012
    I disagree... mostly because all my "likes" and "dislikes" that I worked so hard to get badges for have now been flattened. :-P
    Trust me, it broke my heart when I read Kore's post and I noticed that my dislike was gone:

I'd do it all again if I had the chance.
    meaglothCrevsDaak
    At least I have my "25 likes" badge. Grandfathered epeen ftw!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    And now I've gotta pick out new badges for 25 Agrees and whatnot!!!

CameronToferBhryaen
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Coriander I really... um, think that's insightful.

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622

I lost all 27 of my likes. I'd LIKE for my Likes to be converted over :)
    AndreaColombo
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I'd like my "Likes" back as well. They were 59 if memory serves. Other than that, I'm fine with the change :)
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    edited June 2012
    I greet this change with much jubilation, I think it will help towards a more constructive community, before I was often wary of the disliking a post, when I liked the content but disagreed with the argument put forward.

@Coriander For the "Agrees" maybe we could have these vaguely relevant (in my head anyway) Luck for 5, Friends for 10, Holy Word for 25, Magic Flute for 100, and Natures Splendour for 500
    AndreaColomboCoriander
    edited June 2012
    Is it just me, or is it actually impossible to "Agree" with one post and say that it is "Insightful" at the same time? Whenever I click the "Insightful" button on a post I have already "Agreed" with, my agreement is removed and viceversa.
    Bhryaenpaulsifer42
    Yeah, it has always been like that before.
    meagloth
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @AndreaColombo The reasoning might be that if you consider a post insightful then by default you must agree with it.
    I see. Thanks.
    Additionally, the total number of "points" I had was cut in half. I had nearly 800 points in my profile, now 261.

I'd like to recover what I had, plus get explanation about "points."
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Cadros Thanks ;)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Additionally, the total number of "points" I had was cut in half. I had nearly 800 points in my profile, now 261.

I'd like to recover what I had, plus get explanation about "points."
    @Boaster, please.... Its the same for everyone, so no one got cheated...
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    Well that was nonsense from me. sorry! And that disagree here is only there to disagree lol!
    Post edited by NWN_babaYaga on
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I wish I could agree or disagree on the mobile version of the site too, though. Can't even report posts on it, you have to load the web version first to do that.
    Anton
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I don't know if this deserves its own thread, but I 'dislike' how the like/dislike buttons are now hidden, smaller, and on the left.
    mch202
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I really like being able to see who thought what was insightful/agree etc., but I also liked being able to see how many insightfuls a comment received without having to count squares. Ideally we'd get both!

The agree/disagree icons are also hard to distinguish without hovering.
    paulsifer42Medillen
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    ohh this is bad... this new settings "snitch" on the users who disagree with you, now all you need is an address and you can begin your quest of retribution :p
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 199
    @CamDawg hover the post, you'll see that each reaction has the current tally right alongside the icon.
    lolienSkatanCrevsDaak
    Hurray! The suggestion I put forth to @CameronTofer in PMs is now in effect.

We can now see who is Agreeing, Disagreeing, etc.
    looter