Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• flame867flame867 Member Posts: 32
    Tr_ondterzaerian
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @flame867 especially back in the day when bgII could only run on that res hahahaha :)
    flame867
    @sarevok57 So true, dear god, I avoided dragons because of the lag.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @flame867 lucky for me when i first found one i had a pc that could run 800x600 res and not lag, ah the good ol' days when that used to be good res :)
    flame867
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    flame867 said:

@sarevok57 So true, dear god, I avoided dragons because of the lag.

Hopefully this won't be a problem in BG:EE since the code clean-up will allow the game to run smoother and faster.

Syntia13flame867
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    BG2 used to run great on my Athlon 1400, Geforce 3 and 512 Mb ram.
    I personally think the dragon was just so powerful it effected real life as well as the game.
    TamokoBelgarathMTHWolkmibbles
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    I don't remember about BG2, but BG1 vanilla i've been running on Pentium 133MHz. It was below min. spec. but was running OK. I guess a fridge has a more powerful CPU nowadays :)
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    I seriously think Tr_ond should be rewarded for his magnificent meme work by being released as an DLC NPC. Nuff said
    KietzelSyntia13Atlantic
    @IchigoRXC *shutters*
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @Tr_ond I am totally stealing your meme from August. Thank buddy :)
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @CoryNewb Re-read the first post and you`ll see what you need to do :)
  • ShivanShivan Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012

can't believe I didn't do it this way to start... I'm an idiot.
    Post edited by Shivan on
    Syntia13toanwrathAristillius
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited November 2012
    lordkim said:

Wow. This pic just fills me with rage. Torment was the bible-sized exception to the rule. It was more of a text adventure than an RPG, really, given you could skip just about every fight and render the gameplay mechanics practically moot. Dragon Age II was a damn good game, and Torment is not the second-coming of Jesus.

The_Guilty_PartyTalvraeRaistlin82
    Tuth said:

Torment makes you think outside the box, that's the difference, and not many games have achieved that.

I never played Torment, but I did play DA2, and it was a decent game for some reasons, but didn't live up to the scope of DA Origins.

Anywho, it was all meant to be for fun @Schneidend, try not to take the internet too seriously.
    QuartzAristilliusButtercheese
    Not many games set out to achieve that. That's not their mission statement or purpose. Also, Torment is a single game. Acting as if all role-playing games of that era were equally massive in their range of dialogue options and quest solutions is the most egregious instance of rose-tinted glasses I've ever seen. That's right, even worse than those Fallout-worshiping troglodytes at No Mutants Allowed.
    CoryNewb said:

I never played Torment, but I did play DA2, and it was a decent game for some reasons, but didn't live up to the scope of DA Origins.

Anywho, it was all meant to be for fun @Schneidend, try not to take the internet too seriously.

I can't help but take it seriously when nostalgia brings all kinds of heat down on the things I enjoy as though those things were somehow objectively bad. It would be one thing if the pic was the only thing I'd ever seen expressing that same sentiment, but no. It's all over the place. People on here shit all over 4E D&D, Dragon Age II gets shit on everywhere, and I constantly have to hear about how Torment and Fallout 1&2 were the holy grails of the genre. I'm sick to death of it.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Whoa, no one is trying to change your view on games. Everyone is allowed to like any kind of game. Even if people tend to dislike DA II or D&D 4E you shouldn't treat it as an attack on you personally, or just don't read such topics. Enjoy the games no matter what the general opinion is.

Most of the time it depends on the "era" of games in which one grew up. I personally love both Torment and Fallout 1, and I don't play newest games, because I don't like their style. However, I don't rage and label them as "shit", I just avoid them, and don't rate them, there are still plenty of old games that I haven't heard of.

So, again - enjoy the games you like, and don't pay attention to negative comments.
    Sophia
    Nostalgia is a funny thing Schneidend, ditto @tuth, enjoy what you like.

I have hope that Dragon Age 3 will be better than both DA1 and 2, but I've got my views and so do you @Schneidend. Cheers to that, because it takes all kinds to make it fun.

Anyway, the meme thread is not the place to be discussing this, if you want to talk @ me over in the off topic section.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645

Dragon Age II was a damn good game

Was it bollocks.
    IchigoRXCCrevsDaakMajoca
This discussion has been closed.