Skip to content

Will the game finish when Sarevok dies?

I hope not. I like heading for Ulgot's Beard after Sarevok's death.

Comments

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Maybe spoiler tag?
    Aristilliuscory5694elminsterjunk11
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Sarevok is the very ending of the game, just like the original BG.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm not 100% that the game will ship this way, but I think it'll be possible to keep on playing, just don't expect some NPCs to make sense.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    BG:EE will still be a separate game from BG2:EE. If there will be any content to bridge the gap, we don't know yet. I advise you to finish up all your doings before heading to the final stages of the game.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2012
    Seriously, Tanthalas? Haven't someone stated in AMA on reddit that game will end as usual?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    Indeed, it's not like BGT. You can't do the TotSC content (or much of anything else) after killing him.

Edit: Oh, that is news. Would be a nice change.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738

Seriously, Tanthalas? Haven't someone staded in AMA on reddit that game will end as usual?

That's why I said I'm not sure how the game behaves after the final battle. I did CLUAConsole myself there, so that might have messed things up.

He doesn't die, he just goes to sleep for a while.

Yes yes! HE rests!...in pieces (Quite literally)
    SwordsNotWords
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    I've been fairly disappointed when game ended after Sarevok death.
    ARKdeEREHNecdilzor
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    In the AMA it was said that the game will end at the same time as the original; the moment Sarevok hits the ground.

Letting you play afterwards would mean re-writing every NPC that comments on the coronation, iron crisis or any other thing related to the main plot (hundreds of NPC's).
    There's no time rush, so visit Ulgoth's Beard before you kill the bad guy.
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    @Drudgar - u're right bro!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    saffon69 said:

Maybe spoiler tag?

The game's been out for like 15 years... that's like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father.

WHAT!!!! when...who.. Vader father...luke son...naaaa you jest me
    Beat me to it damn you!

Maybe spoiler tag?

The game's been out for like 15 years... that's like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father.

*covers ears* NOOOOOO!!!!!
    LadyEibhilinRhettRush_that_speaksAlesthes
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012
    I would consider it a bug if it was possible to continue playing after Sarevok's death. That is the only designed end of Baldur's Gate 1.
    elminster
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206

Maybe spoiler tag?

The enhanced edition is gonna attract new players though, for sure.
    EnialusMeliamnecory5694elminsterNecdilzor
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

He doesn't die, he just goes to sleep for a while.

He goes to live on a farm upstate! With plenty of room to run around and rabbits to chase!
    LordsDarkKnight185alnair
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I wouldn't look for this to happen. Beamdog don't have the rights to make those sort of core changes to the game and they've previously stated the game ends (or should) at the same point, with Sarevok's death.
    LordsDarkKnight185elminster
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505

Maybe spoiler tag?

No, that's not true, that's impossible!
    LordsDarkKnight185lordkimelminsterPaladin
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    In Sixth Sense, Bruce Willis was dead like, the whole time. He's a ghost.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Sarevok kills Dumbledore.
    Wiggles
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Wait! . . .What do you mean "Sarevok dies"?!

You've ruined it now.

Ha :)
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    One of these spoilers is bound to be a real spoiler for someone sooner or later. So stop now please.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Suiboon said:

One of these spoilers is bound to be a real spoiler for someone sooner or later. So stop now please.

I get your point, and I dont totally disagree, but when the thread title says it all, its kinda late to be shouting folks down dont you think?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Maybe spoiler tag?

The enhanced edition is gonna attract new players though, for sure.
    The thing is, it's almost not a spoiler. I mean, right from the cutscene leaving Candlekeep (hell, maybe even right from the intro cinematic) you know that this is one mean SOB, and can probably guess you're going to end up killing him. Not to mention, a new player wouldn't even know who Sarevok is, and by the point in the game they find that out, they know enough to figure out he's probably gonna be the final boss.
    DecrepitDragon
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yeah, really the only thing it spoils is that there isn't a secret twist ending where Sarevok turns out to be the good guy after all.

Kind of like if you started out Star Wars by saying to everybody, "Don't worry, the Death Star gets blown up." I don't think anyone would be really surprised. ;)
    TJ_HookeratcDave