Skip to content

Icewind Dale:EE, Your thoughts...

Comments

• Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    edited July 2012
    This weekEND i begin to PLAY ICeWInd Dale. This screenshots are from the very begining of journey
    Quest in a search of lost caravan, we travelled to a cave with orcs...Caravan found destroyed near the cave.
    Looks like the frozen age will lasts forever...

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    The graphic is outstanding beautifull here and is on par with todays games. I realy wonder how they did their areas where vertex painting for terrain wasnt available for 3dsmax to my knowledge. Must have been version 4?
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433

just dont let uwe boll make use of it....
    If Uwe Boll comes near BG or Neverwinter I will punch him in half! Twice!

-Trent

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Thank you so much @TrentOster ! The only way to deal with it:D
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @TrentOster

Who's Uwe Boll?
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @TrentOster

Who's Uwe Boll?
    @Ward Uwe Boll's wiki page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll

He's a filmmaker (sort of) that makes movies out of video games, such as the dungeon siege movie, etc. Also he seems like a bit of an asshole from what I've read.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Taking a wild guess; the NPC that's introduced in BG1 might carry over into BG2 (because, why make one for only BG1). If that's the case, they should already have his storyline planned out til Throne of Bhaal (though in broad strokes for the moment).
    WHO TOLD YOU THA- oh you were guessing.
    Heh. It looks like you just did! :)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I would see no problem in an 2013 release of baldur's gate 2... hurry is enemy of perfection, you know....

I have wait this for 13 year, what are 6 months or 1 year more?
    Ill second that :)

• pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Regarding IWD1 and 2: 1 we would definitely like to do in the future, but there would be some legal hoops to step through. 2, well... same deal, and also more technical challenges because IWD2 used the 3rd Edition ruleset and made some rather interesting under the hood engine changes.

But really, any excuse to work with Jason Manley would be rad.
    Hope you guys can do these..that would be rad! :-)
    Would love to see these enhanced!

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Taking a wild guess; the NPC that's introduced in BG1 might carry over into BG2 (because, why make one for only BG1). If that's the case, they should already have his storyline planned out til Throne of Bhaal (though in broad strokes for the moment).
    WHO TOLD YOU THA- oh you were guessing.
    @PhillipDaigle
    That, or you shouldn't have had your network password be "FAFHRD".
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Regarding IWD1 and 2: 1 we would definitely like to do in the future, but there would be some legal hoops to step through. 2, well... same deal, and also more technical challenges because IWD2 used the 3rd Edition ruleset and made some rather interesting under the hood engine changes.

But really, any excuse to work with Jason Manley would be rad.
    Well, I think it'd be awesome if you could port both games to the IWD2 engine :)

At least that's been my life long dream :P (IWD1Tutu)
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    My thoughts are lets wait and see how they do with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Because IWD is more of a dungeon crawl, I'm less concerned about the EE for it. I don't see how they could make it worse. A good game, that would only be made better by more attention to loot (which often felt rather formulaic and uninteresting) and the ability to kit your character's classes to add more variety. Generally, I found my parties were rather similar from playthrough-to-playthrough as a result of having very little room for change. IWD2; I'm not sure if it would get an EE, and I won't think about it until IWD is discussed, and certainly not until the perpetually-supreme BG & BG2 are seen to :D
  • niklasniklas Member Posts: 18
    I think @Seldar got it right, IWD1&2 are lacking sidequests and areas. But the atmosphere is magnificent! (I am a Finn, so..)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    How to improve Icewind Dale? I for one would be happy with a teleporter out of Dragon's Eye... or is there one and I never knew about it? XD

More seriously though, Icewind Dale is awesome. Because it's different than Baldur's Gate. Spells act differently, class tactics act differently, different enemies and different approach. It's a great game, despite minor flaws.

If I had the omnipower of doing anything I wanted, then I'd add some joinable NPCs, with their own quests. It would be more fun to go to the Severed Hand with, for example, a dwarf who knows the area well. Or maybe a druid, colleague to Arundel, seeking revenge? Maybe another survivor from the avalanche at the beginning of the game. Chances are many when it comes to joinable NPCs. Of course I realize the game wasn't designed for it.

Other than that, some intriguing side quests would be fun (main quest should remain untouched, it's very well written and it gives you a reason to play the game, which is kept alive throughout the spiraling dungeons through the game)
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    BG:EE, BG2:EE, BG3, IWD:EE, IWD2:EE, etc...
    I'd buy them all, just to support Overhaul Games. The fun while playing the games will and would be an addition xD
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I'd like to take a moment to flog IWD-in-BG2 for those who want to play IWD with stuff like BG2 kits and Kulyok's IWD NPC Project for those that want NPCs.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    If there is an ice wind dale ee, I hope that in the future they think of doing a rpg like in another universe in d and d. Maybe karatur, with the samurais, ninja, and what not. That would be epic for a universe. The ogre mages are already done, heh.
  • Isildurs_BaneIsildurs_Bane Member Posts: 7
    Love the idea. Keep the great music. Love the Kuldahar pan flutes. I would just sit and listen to it for the longest time. Great stuff. An FWD enhancement would be glorious! Only suggestion would be to cut back on the sheer number of linear encounters and make them more suited to party types. Too many goblins and orcs and trolls oh my!
  • Isildurs_BaneIsildurs_Bane Member Posts: 7
    Make that IWD not FWD. Stupid auto correct
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Well, as far as IWD2EE is concerned, I'd want two things:
    1) The ability to go to Luskan.

2) The ability to deal with the entire chain of enemies that also consists of rag guy the and that beast master. I always got the impression that they were a seperate group from Isair and Madae.
  • HorlfHorlf Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    What about an Icewind Dale Extended Edition. I love BG, it's fantastic in solo but I miss the "multiplayer" side of Icewind Dale. As there is no interaction/dialog or romance with other characters, the game was awesome for multiplayer RP. Would be great to have a Forgotten Realms : EE with both BG games and Icewind.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Yea man, I'd buy it! I think it's on the cards. The dev team are gong to see how well BGEE sells first.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    i would prefer enhanced edition over extended
  • DecayOfSoulsDecayOfSouls Member Posts: 21
    Yeah that would be awesome if that happened. Hopefully BGEE and BG2EE do well enough that they can afford to branch out of BG and work on IWD and PST, before ultimately moving on to a BG3.
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    I figured this was already planned as these games are the next logical step to figuring out what to write about for BG 3.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I believe there are already threads regarding IWD:EE, Planescape Torment:EE and others. I guess @Tanthalas could merge them :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    When I find them.