Skip to content

This PhillipDaigle Guy. I just don't know.

I know there are a lot of the devs, beta testers and fans on the forums willing to help out. And they deserve a round of applause for being so dedicated. But PhillipDaigle just seems to be every where at once, trying to sort out problems and help get everything working properly for anyone who needs it. I see him in nearly every thread I go to. It's inspiring really.

With out naming names, there are a few other...game providers, who not only ignore their customers, but flat out tell them they wont even try to help them. So seeing him work this hard to fix whatever problem arises restores my faith in game companies in general.

I did search for a few hours to see if there was another thread out there about this, but I couldn't find one. Maybe it's there, but even if it is it can't be overstated. People like @PhillipDaigle are the reason forums like this are supposed to exist. To help people with their problems, and it's sad that it's sunken so low mostly, that I cant stand other game sites anymore. To the point where if I cant find a fix for whatever my problem in a game is, I just stop playing the game.

So I'll say again, everybody on this site deserves a round of applause, but I wanted to take some time out to specifically thank PhillipDaigle for his work.

P.S. I just bought ten copies of the game on my work account, to send out as christmas presents. I wanted to support the developers as much as possible.
SullaCuvleyshjonoeWard[Deleted User]elminsterDeathMachineMiyagiHoebaggerKristie83CaptRoryMedullaOblongataWikkid_SuhnswnmcmlxiAbelcory5694mch202CalmarJonelethIrenicusSyntia13DarksheerPompoFrekAenorThe_New_RomanceSenashFlashburnCorianderCenerEvinfuiltTanthalasMalakaiusdeltagoGoForTheEyesBoochickenhedLordsDarkKnight185Marricxxxsmb1987xxxGodKaiserHellMoomintrollAkuroSalamisSon_of_ImoenTwilight_FoxIkonNavroswojtekCrevsDaak

Comments

• and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    I saw him in the forums on Thanksgiving Day. I figured he'd been burning a lot of midnight oil to deadline and there he was monitoring the pre-release. Now that is a leader. Much respect.
    Flashburn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Moomintroll
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    15 payments of 49.99. Roughly 750 dollars. For a DVD and a Shirt. Totally worth it.
    WardDragonspear
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188

Phil Daigle is definitely a very interesting character.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Bam said:

15 payments of 49.99. Roughly 750 dollars. For a DVD and a Shirt. Totally worth it.

You would of gotten a signed picture of Trent Oster and Phillip Daigle shaking hands and grinning while holding two 'I hate mondays' beer mugs if you had ordered within the specified amount of time from the date of the above offer. ;)

All money from the DVD set goes straight to Phillip Daigle's next gaming project: (insert next gaming project here).
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Let me put in a way so everybody understands !!

No one besides !! No one above !!
    The Team is Beamdog....

Respect them, although they are a weird bunch ;)
    Cuv
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524

Specifically, a good-aligned human monk whose dark past hides a secret untold. Or something like that.

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160

Specifically, a good-aligned human monk whose dark past hides a secret untold. Or something like that.

OMG SPOILERS!

:p
    MedullaOblongataCrevsDaak
  • ArtemasArtemas Member Posts: 9
    Being completely new to this community I don't know who anybody is (devs or fans) and already I can see a mutual "love" that just does not exist in many places these day. Wish I joined the forum when I pre-ordered months ago.
    allhailsteveelminster
  • MercuriousMercurious Member Posts: 7
    This is how the original BG forums used to be; all the way up to and including Neverwinter Nights. The Devs would go back and forth with the players. They put up with alot of guff, (Karzak and others come to mind) and generally doled out fun and wisdom in large, tasty bits.

Great debates raged about why such and such character was "nerfed," or what WotC actually meant when they changed a rule between editions, or when were cloaks or horses coming, among other things.

I raise my mug to the folks who have reincarnated my favorite game.

Ever.

Merc
    MedullaOblongata
    It is really a much better place to be than most forums I've been on. And many of them, if you have a problem, you can wait days before you get help. The Mods and Devs and even the every day fans will either answer your question, point you where you need to look or fix your problem in sometimes minutes. And apologize when it takes longer than an hour or two. And for the most part, no one is rude about it. Like tonight, with the release. A lot of people expected it to be a midnight release, and so many threads are popping up about it. But the question keeps getting answered politely.

No "You should have searched for it before making a thread, idiot." or "Can't you read, stupid? It's already been answered." Or any of the flame and garbage I expected to see. It's pretty damn awesome.
    Son_of_ImoenMedullaOblongata
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    Bam said:

No "You should have searched for it before making a thread, idiot." or "Can't you read, stupid? It's already been answered." Or any of the flame and garbage I expected to see. It's pretty damn awesome.

Its because in here, we dont care if the same question appears in 100 threads..We just summon @Tanthalas !!
    mch202DragonspearMedullaOblongata
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Bam said:

It is really a much better place to be than most forums I've been on. And many of them, if you have a problem, you can wait days before you get help. The Mods and Devs and even the every day fans will either answer your question, point you where you need to look or fix your problem in sometimes minutes. And apologize when it takes longer than an hour or two. And for the most part, no one is rude about it. Like tonight, with the release. A lot of people expected it to be a midnight release, and so many threads are popping up about it. But the question keeps getting answered politely.

@Bam You should have searched for people insulting each other and exchanging rude comments before "claiming" (come on, where is your evidence??) that they dont exist, you comlete idiot! I mean, wow, just look around for 5 seconds and you'll find something. Cant you read, stupid!? (This is a joke buy the way, and not serious at all :P)
    @Excalibur_2102 You spelled complete wrong. Your argument is invalid.

Actually, I probably would have taken it as a joke anyway, since you quoted me, and then quoted my quotes. But there is probably a better than decent chance that someone else would have not seen the joke and been upset. Not for me, I'm just a random new person, but in general.

Which is another point. Most people I see will see a joke like that, and take it as a joke. And even the guys who want to troll or flame, just kind of get ignored by the rest of the thread. Which makes reading through what ever thread in particular a lot more enjoyable.
    lordkim
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    .... Its the keyboards fault :/
    MedullaOblongata
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I bet it's all just an illusion. He plans to take over the world, I know it.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    Kirkor said:

I bet it's all just an illusion. He plans to take over the world, I know it.

Earth: meet the ultimate Bhaalspawn: @PhilipDaigle!

*edit: I expect a mwoehaha reply, but Daigle always surprises.

Bad Son_of_Imoen, keeping Philip off his work on this day.