Skip to content

Dualing Xzar into Ft?

leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
Isn't it possible with Manual of Gainful Exercise upping his STR to 15?

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    No you need 17 str to dual to a fighter, as with any other classes primary stat.
  • leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
    Oww, alright. So you can make a pure with less than 17, but you have to have 17 to dual into?
    Yes. Not just that, but you need 15 in your primary stat. To dual from a mage you need 15 int plus 17 str for a fighter, 17 dex for rogue, or 17 wis for cleric.
    +2 insightful to you good sir.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Mungri said:

Yes. Not just that, but you need 15 in your primary stat. To dual from a mage you need 15 int plus 17 str for a fighter, 17 dex for rogue, or 17 wis for cleric.

Or 15 strength, 17 wisdom and 17 charisma if you are dualing into a druid from a fighter (sorry, had to point it out though it has nothing to do with the OPs original question).
    Yes but you can't dual a mage into a druid, only a fighter.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    As @Quartz recently point out, you can dual him to a thief or a cleric with the appropriate tome, though...
    @oxfordguy

That might be a good idea.. Hmms!
    Dualing him to a cleric at level 6 mage is a popular choice as he can still reach the max cleric level possible with BG1s experience cap. Then you have a cleric with magic missiles and fireballs.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah.

Xzar - Given Dexterity Tome
    Shoot for Necromancer 7/Thief 8.
    Don't go over Level 7 under any circumstances in this case, of course.

Given Wisdom Tome
    Shoot for Necromancer 6/Cleric 8.
    It is important you do NOT wait longer than Level 6 or he will never get his mage skills back.
    I like the thief option, but I'm concerned for the thac0. Does the stre spell still stack all the way to 18/00 in bgee?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    leddyhs said:

I like the thief option, but I'm concerned for the thac0. Does the stre spell still stack all the way to 18/00 in bgee?

Can a non-fighter get 18/00 (or even 18/50) strength with the Strength spell?

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839

leddyhs said:

Can a non-fighter get 18/00 (or even 18/50) strength with the Strength spell?

18/50 is what Strength gives you. It seems to be bugged, though, and gives you 18/00 after two castings or in case you had higher than 18/50 naturally before the first cast.