Skip to content

Apologies and amusement

GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
Hello,

First, it seems that I managed to offend several people with my last topic (farming forum badges, which I will not link due to the offense (and partly because I don't know how)), for which I hereby offer my apologies. Even though this topic has a humorous touch the apology is honest and serious. I did not see any harm, at the time it even seemed like an amusing idea - something to share a laugh over.
As the first lesson of any communications professional goes: It does not matter how you mean something you say, do or communicate otherwise, it only matters how that something is being understood by everyone else. In this case, those are obviously quite far apart.

On the second part of the title:
I even got a PM that I should be ashamed, and the posts - even the fact that it was locked - greatly amused me. I would NEVER have guessed how completely my intention might get misunderstood, and it is that complete misunderstanding which made me laugh quite hardly while reading the topic.

Obviously this is one of the many situations in which my humor is quite incompatible with that of the majority (I supress some 80% of all humorous remarks that go through my mind in general because of that incompatibility). Out of respect for you guys I will not repeat that mistake and ask you all again to accept my apologies and no hard feelings.

To end this post in the only way I want it to end:

:-)
lordkimMedullaOblongataARKdeEREHSullamch202

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    You still need some spankning kid :P . But it seems like you grown to be a man, in the last couples of days, So i forgive you. ;)
    May the force of BG:EE be with you .
    Gridianmch202
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    By the power vested in me, (which is none whatsoever, ) I hereby declare you....Forgiven!
    Gridian
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2012
    I doubt anyone was truly offended by it, and if they were they should probably see about getting that stick removed from their ass. Mostly people just seemed to think it was a poor idea, and responded tongue-in-cheek.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    Gridian
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    Sulla said:

I don't know what this is about, but I wouldn't trust him. He's Swiss and they're true neutral.

Now guess what alignment I usually play :-)
    Kristie83SullaARKdeEREH
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I must admit that I quite enjoyed your thread, its outcome was amusing indeed ;-)

lordkimTJ_Hooker
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    No sweat, you can always donate some hundred coins to the nearest temple.
    Kristie83ARKdeEREH