Skip to content

Who is your first NPC? (Spoilerific)

Trent Oster was interviewed recently and said if he booted up a game today, he would immediately head and grab Minsc (and boo too)... so is that the route you are going to take tomorrow on your first run?

I'm thinking that is where I personally will be headed...

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I rush ahead to get all of my planned NPC's in the party as soon as possible. I just dont feel I'm playing "properly" until the whole group is there.
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    Xzar & Montaron. Hello, Zhents. You can call me Taskmaster.
  • Venerate1Venerate1 Member Posts: 16
    Nukenin said:

"Heya..."

^---- this... no choice in that really ;)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Nukenin said:

"Heya..."

He asked who you would immediately head towards, not away from.
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    I'm doing an evil run with the new Blackguard class and with characters I don't normally group with, so I'm ditching Minsc, Jaheira, and the regular gang. I try to avoid getting new characters too quickly, because it divides the XP reward. I'll probably duo with Imoen until level 2 and then pickup whomever I meet organically as I play. I'm looking forward to meeting the new NPCs in particular.
  • HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    Of course Minsc and Boo, butt kicking for JUSTICE!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Xzar. Montaron will be dead by my hand shortly thereafter (I'll have no need for him being a swashbuckler myself), and me and my new best buddy will proceed to get Viconia and Kagain. I'll pick up Dorn later and then Shar-Teel. I'd like to have Eldoth + Skie in another playthrough, since I've actually never bothered to do their "questline"(that I can remember) but for this one I'd rather see how Dorn and Shar-Teel react to each other. Maybe in my second run I'll include eldolth and skie.

Edit: Ohh and of course Imoen will be dead shortly after we meet on the road.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    I am going to try my darnedest to avoid the "canon" party as per the implication at the start of BG2 (since every time I've played BG1 since the release of BG2 I've fallen for the trap of the canon party). But I won't turn away a certain tag-along, I suppose. *sigh*
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @Quartz Oh Boy! What will become of Boo!? Will he live in a hamster orphanage? I shutter at the thought :(
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I go around and try to grab all the NPCs I want as soon as possible. Usually it's Imoen then Viconia, then Jaheira and Khalid, then Dynaheir and Minsc.

I know that's 6 NPCs. XD
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    CaptRory said:

I go around and try to grab all the NPCs I want as soon as possible. Usually it's Imoen then Viconia, then Jaheira and Khalid, then Dynaheir and Minsc.

I know that's 6 NPCs. XD

Charname has to sit out while Rory plays with NPC's.

Khalid usually gets abandoned in a shack in the woods.
    CoryNewb said:

@Quartz Oh Boy! What will become of Boo!? Will he live in a hamster orphanage? I shutter at the thought :(

I suspect Montaron could use an earmuff or dagger-cleaning fur.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Imoen because erm.. Why do I ALWAYS take Imoen???

Because she's Cuddly-Awesome. And if you don't take her you're all boffleheaded! =p
  • Venerate1Venerate1 Member Posts: 16
    CaptRory said:

Because she's Cuddly-Awesome. And if you don't take her you're all boffleheaded! =p
    I get some manner of sick pleasure using cutesy Imoen (and my metagame knowledge) as an assassin...

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Kick Imoen to the curve, grab the mad mage and the psychopath halfling, then proceed to the new areas to pick up the fresh meat.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Imoen will be first. I usually use Khalid and Jaheira to complete the Nashkel mines but I'm thinking that this time I'll just speak with them and head to Nashkel with my own party, after I've assembled all six. I'll pick up Viconia second. After that I'll pick up Dorn, Rasaad, and Neera, although I don't know yet in what order.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Nukenin said:

"Heya..."

Noober can't join the party.

Nukenin said:

"Heya..."

That was my first thought XD
    edited November 2012
    CaptRory said:

Nukenin said:

"Heya..."

That was my first thought XD
    What about now?
    You still can't recruit Noober. That'd be really funny though.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I'll keep Imoen, she is family after all. And a thief is always handy. I'll most likely get Minsc yet again, because he is... well Minsc. And then the newcomers, Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. What can I say; I can't wait to check them out. ^^
    It's been a while since last I rolled a cleric anyway. 'Good a time as any.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    Monty and Xzar, then probably Neera and Edwin ASAP. and... say, Vicky, at least till I can get Yeslick.
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    I will be hunting down Dorn, Neera and Raasad, and murdering them as soon as humanly possible. New NPCs in a 14 year old game. What is this world coming to?

Actually and truthfully, I am going to probably only going to pick up Neera in the first run through. I'd like to play it with only one new NPC per run. But my first NPC will be Jaheira. If I can leave Coward in a closet like you can in the original. If not I will skip both of them and go straight for Minsc.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    First NPC? Well, obviously Imoen, since she joins at the start. But the first one I actually try to get? Well, I go as fast as I can to the Nashkel Mines and pick up Xan. I usually stop for Khalid and Jaheira on the way to help me through the mines. I'll also fill out my party with one other member before the mines (usually Garrick). They'll usually get replaced later, but I always go into the mines with a party of 5. It's suicide otherwise. But I don't start seriously building my party UNTIL Xan is in it. By the way, my current record for getting through the Nashkel Mines and getting Xan into my party is 6 in-game days. Um. Let me clarify. Starting from the very beginning of the game and ending at the last level of the Nashkel Mines, 6 in game days.
  • ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    I play "multiplayer" where I create my whole party from scratch. If I were to play normally I would probably beeline for Viconia... its a shame that Shar-teel wont join an all-female party... seems like it would fit her personality well.

I have fallen in love with skie's voice pack though... she wouldn't join an all-female party either : /