Skip to content

where is the game?

i can play and its allready 28th here...

Comments

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Can, or can't?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Doesn't release for another 14+ hours dude.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    So the game is on my computer, it'll be the 28th in 44 minutes, and I have to wait 14 hours and 44 minutes to play it? T_T
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267

So the game is on my computer, it'll be the 28th in 44 minutes, and I have to wait 14 hours and 44 minutes to play it? T_T

I was a little miffed too. Then I read the 1:00 thing, and I was like, okay, I can wait an extra hour, and then I read the PM part, and then I was a sad panda.
    edited November 2012

Their reasoning is probably that they will be at work, rested, and working if shit hits the fan. As opposed to tired and working late. We are dealing with a small company here.
    paulsifer42EnialusMeliamneMedullaOblongataLordsDarkKnight185
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    elminster said:

Their reasoning is probably that they will be at work, rested, and working if shit hits the fan. As opposed to tired and working late. We are dealing with a small company here.
    They'll also be nicely buzzed after their "4 martini lunch" lol! :D
    LordsDarkKnight185Thor
    Kristie83 said:

elminster said:

They'll also be nicely buzzed after their "4 martini lunch" lol! :D
    That just means they'll be just a little bit more enthusiastic :)
    Kristie83MedullaOblongataLordsDarkKnight185
    AlexM said:

elminster said:

Who says we're not working late?
    Fair enough.
    AlexM
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Wait, WHAT?

This is ridiculous! That's not until 9 PM in Europe!

Grrr. I've waited bloody long enough already. It's already installed, goddamnit, I want to play!
    paulsifer42
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2012

Wait, WHAT?

This is ridiculous! That's not until 9 PM in Europe!

Grrr. I've waited bloody long enough already. It's already installed, goddamnit, I want to play!

9 PM? Dear Gods no! Ridiculous! You poor thing.

(Can't think of a more subtle way of comedic timing-ly mentioning that it's not until 6:30am the next day for me than to put it in parentheses way down at the bottom of the post, a scroll or two down.)
    Syntia13Rythgaralkaiser
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Urgh. I just don't see why they couldn't do a midnight release. They've already pushed the game two bloody months. I've been patient.
    A 9 PM release time means I barely have an hour to play before I have to go to bed. I basically won't get to play today at all now, and I don't have time tomorrow. So yeah, I'm a little angry.
  • ZemeZeme Member Posts: 19
    8am here, woke up for this and now I'm sad.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Same thing as the TL2 release date.. and probably for similar reasons..

It wont kill you to wait till the afternoon to play. Most of you should have expected this. Usually a game that comes out digitally is not released at midnight
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Guys, I don't get why everyone is so pissed off. I mean, I've decided to just study for finals and play it after school is out. Here I am waiting a couple more weeks and you guys are pissed off about a few hours? Just. Chill.
    [Deleted User]SlashneedThorbdeonovic
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    I have insomnia and yet I have no BG:EE with which to fill the time I should be sleeping.

This is the definitive proof: there is no god.
  • mixnmatchmixnmatch Member Posts: 20
    the Americans have to have it first. If they dont they'll send kobolds to all our mine's in Australia.. then we'll really be up sh*t creek....
    The_New_Romance
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Heh, up until now I was convinced the release is on Friday, and made my plans around that assumption. I think I'll follow those plans - this way I'll skip all the frustration of waiting for the zero hour, and any possible problems with overloaded servers, and I'll get to finish few RL things before disappearing into the Sword Coast. A win-win situation! ;D
    paulsifer42
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    Let's see. An updated version of BG one and two, a chance at a real BG3 instead of a *cough* "spiritual Sucessor" like DA:O, and a chance at seeing a PS:T:EE...

I see the Hand of God in that.
    MedullaOblongata
  • mallzmallz Member Posts: 16
    When did it switch from the 30th to the 28th? I found that out a couple days ago. Gained two days?! Hell yeah!

@BAM or like the NWN Series and almost every other dungeon crawler after the BG series? Really though, how could they keep failing game after game instead of sticking with what made BG amazing?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

Urgh. I just don't see why they couldn't do a midnight release. They've already pushed the game two bloody months. I've been patient.
    A 9 PM release time means I barely have an hour to play before I have to go to bed. I basically won't get to play today at all now, and I don't have time tomorrow. So yeah, I'm a little angry.

Some developers just want to see the whole world burn! Grrrr!!!

/jk
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Riolathel said:

Same thing as the TL2 release date.. and probably for similar reasons..

It wont kill you to wait till the afternoon to play. Most of you should have expected this. Usually a game that comes out digitally is not released at midnight

Of course not, a game is not released at midnight when it's in your time zone.

If it was released in the morning of 28th MDT instead of 1 PM MDT, it would mean that European player could play it BEFORE the evening. ;-)

It's the same thing amongst others : Some American companies are selling their crap with this ratio : 1$ =1€, which it completly false (since 1€ > 1$). Which basically implies that European customers will pay more for the same thing. :p
  • DelinomDelinom Member Posts: 46
    So how many hours from now until we're able to play? I'm in Brazil and devoid of the ability to fully calculate time zones. I suppose it'll be in 5-6 hours is that correct!?
  • ThorThor Member Posts: 10
    mallz said:

When did it switch from the 30th to the 28th? I found that out a couple days ago. Gained two days?! Hell yeah!

If only everyone thought of the full release of BGEE in that way, there might be even more enthusiasm and excitement around the forums than there already is. I might not have been waiting for the release date as long as some people have, but most have very little to complain about than it's taking to long.

Considering I know that I'm getting a quality product I'd be happy to wait until well after Xmas for BGEE to be released. @mallz I know you only found out a couple of days ago but you must play a Paladin to be viewing the positives from the current release date instead of any negatives from it.
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    @Delinom It is 5h and 54m. -twitch- 53m
  • ParaneParane Member Posts: 14
    Another five hours left. It helps to be patient and not having knee-jerk reactions for every single little thing in life.
    Thor