Skip to content

Start Playing On November 28th

Hello,

It is November 28th, why can't I play yet?

Sincerely,
Glendleton

Comments

• BamBam Member Posts: 38
    Check back in...oh, about...12 hours. The game wont be ready until 1:00 PM MDT.
  • GlendletonGlendleton Member Posts: 3
    Ah, thank you very much.
  • balordikaalebbalordikaaleb Member Posts: 13
    we have to relate us to time in Edmonton, I live in Italy and i guess i'll play around 9 pm...
  • RaklinRaklin Member Posts: 13
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's currently 1am on the 28th over there?
    Wait, is it not a midnight release?
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    Dam timezones, its 7:17pm in Aus so i wont get to play for another 24hours because of work >_>
  • mallzmallz Member Posts: 16
    1 PM release :(. 12 hours to go!
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I'm in Aus too but I finish work at 1pm so its not as bad for me :)
    Yeah, many people would have liked a midnight release, but I for one am rather glad for a daylight release. Or...daylight for the devs at least. In this way they will be awake and focused when the serves crash and Europe starts to riot. At least if something goes bad, they'll be awake enough to deal with it quickly.

(I mention Europe only because from the poll I saw, there seems to be a HUGE number of BG players there. Even compared to North America.)
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2012
    Bam said:

Check back in...oh, about...12 hours. The game wont be ready until 1:00 PM MDT.

It's 1pm MST, not MDT. Initial tweet was incorrect. I figure you just mistyped, since your 12 hour estimate was at the time correct, but just to avoid any confusion.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7267/when-does-the-game-go-live-you-ask#latest
    MST is the daylight savings mode for MDT.
    Nope Didn't mistype. I'm PST and I just assumed MDT meant mountain time in general. I was only right by accident. I'll make sure to fix it in the future.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Raklin said:

MST is the daylight savings mode for MDT.

You've got that one backwards

Mountain Standard Time = regular time

Mountain Daylight Time = daylight savings time

Right now Alberta is in MST.

I actually messaged Nathan so that he would correct it, because his notification originally got it wrong as well.
    @ BAM you have a link to that poll?
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    elminster said:

[…]
    Right now Canada is in MST.
    […]

Canada's a bit wider than that. At least six time zones (PST, MST, CST, EST, AST, and NST) are present across its breadth. :D (I'm assuming you meant Edmonton, Canada.)
    @mallz Yep. right here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3663/where-are-people-that-play-baldurs-gate-mostly-from

Also, the space between my name and the @ isn't supposed to be there.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nukenin said:

elminster said:

[…]
    Right now Canada is in MST.
    […]

Canada's a bit wider than that. At least six time zones (PST, MST, CST, EST, AST, and NST) are present across its breadth. :D (I'm assuming you meant Edmonton, Canada.)
    Sorry I should have made myself clearer. Canada right now is not in DST, so in the case of Edmonton it is in MST. But yes you are right there are 6 time zones in canada though Newfoundland's is a more of a half time zone since there isn't an hour difference between say Halifax and St. John's.
    thanks. Ah, I was wondering how people were doing that ^_^