Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
Ah, my child, I am glad I have found you.

Hi friends,

Exciting times are upon us. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be launching today on PC at 1PM MST is OUT NOW, which means you'll be able to play very soon it immediately.

At launch all the clients will need to automatically download the last few precious bytes that make the game run, and then you're on your way to butt-kicking for justice.

If you are experiencing issues with the Beamdog client OR with the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Installer, please contact support@beamdog.com so that we can keep track of your issue. We will get to your support ticket as quickly as we can.

Beyond the release announcement, we'd like to extend the heartfelt thanks of the entire Beamdog and Overhaul Games team. We couldn't have made this project happen without support and feedback from fans like you, and we genuinely, honestly, and truly appreciate it. It's folks like you that kept this amazing game going for almost 15 years, and that's no small feat.

Here's to you, and to Baldur's Gate. Enjoy!

Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
Kristie83EleosFyretoanwrathMoiraBadmassVermillionlordkimM6k3PraemoriorDragonserpentKilivitzFrekveevitoTanthalasOpaledarkmobsonRush_that_speaksIzrealGridianSmallishShYarivJamesLordsDarkKnight185MikeMastersalish74mch202creator1629DarksheerShinEleutherosflame867ElkarAnduinOxford_GuyMortiannaThe_Guilty_PartySlashneedCrystarkJairyannaSwordsNotWordsBugratMagical_TrevorsepotterMornmagorAtlanticJaanivphyltyboHanSoloNTurelusKrOMadeiraSilyAlmar007Syntia13rexregdavidhxcxStradlinDecrepitDragonelvee68alkaiserCameronToferstyggaThe_New_RomanceWulfyMoomintrollGun19mcavatar76RedfernThorWonderboy2402AdaramPaladinZinodingchatHazzieRerelermo

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Awesomesauce.

Thanks guys for making something we thought would never see a re-release again.
    ObscuHazzie
  • EleosEleos Member Posts: 48
    Great, thanks for the update!
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Let's see lunch and a wee nap! Then showtime.
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    I started playing Baldur's Gate when my family had just introduced me to D&D 2e, I was 12. When I leave Candlekeep today with Gorion it will be nostalgia central!!
    Obscu
  • FyreFyre Member Posts: 28
    Awesome! I can't wait.

Also, on a side note, is this, just out of curiosity, going to be in retail, or game stores, or is the preload/online beamdog, the only way? I personally would think that, if it is in retail stores, they are all bought out. Just wondering if anyone knew the last part.
  • kvothekvothe Member Posts: 1
    MST? Is that Mountain Time US? That's 7 hours behind the UK... Looks like a late night session is required :-)
    EletharDecrepitDragon
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Woot ! Too bad i will be at work when it is launched. Have to wait 18 hours.
  • You should make a special exception just for me and switch it to 1:00 EST.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited November 2012
    I originally thought it was MDT, which means I would have to wait until 4 PM. Now I realize, for me, it will be at noon!

Too bad I have class until 4...
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173

Too bad that it's 10pm in Finland when the game is finally out...I really feel like I could be sick tomorrow...probably have to call work...yeah..

Heh, this is the only reason why I'm glad that I actually am down with a cold. The best sick leave day ever, tomorrow...
    Magical_Trevor
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2012
    @phillipdaigle

I understand you don't have full control over appstore releases, but do apple tell you in advance if the software is cleared and when they plan to make it available?

EDIT: Sorry, seen the news now. Haven't been doing my homework. My only problem is that this is going to clash HORRIBLY with Paper Mario. Dear oh dear...
  • VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20
    Thank you guys! We waited for that for years!
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    have an old lappy I call THE RPG MEAN MACHINE, where I have installed:

Baldur's Gate 2 (widescreen mod)
    IceWind Dale I
    IceWind Dale II (widescreen mod)
    Planescape Torment (widescreen mod + community fixes + essential mods)
    Ultima VII - Complete (Original + Serpent Isle) (both) GOG Version
    Avernum Escape from the Pit
    Avadon the Black Fortress
    Geneforge I
    Divine Divinity
    Beyond Divinity
    Hack, Slash, Loot

Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edition it's just the top cherry of this cake.

NOW I NEED FREGGING 1 YEAR OFF!!!!!!!!!!
    FlauschigSyntax
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    QUICK someone call my office and tell them I need to go home right away!

Thanks so much to all the folks who made this happen. I am so jazzed about this.
  • RakRak Member Posts: 1
    THANK YOU!!!!
    void
  • FrekFrek Member Posts: 15
    Almost there!!!
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone know what to do once the preload is complete? What am I supposed to click on to start the game when the time comes?
  • VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20
    jmanreis said:

Does anyone know what to do once the preload is complete? What am I supposed to click on to start the game when the time comes?

Just run shortcut i think.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    The launcher will probably update so the "preload complete" bar turns into a big "PLAY" button.
  • LedroLedro Member Posts: 6
    It has been about ten years since I have last time played Baldur's Gate. Too bad I have a convention tomorrow, but will play entire evening after I get home.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    But what I'd like to know: will just letting the installer running from before 19:00 auto-update or do we have to click anything to make it connect to the servers again?
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    Is that 5:00AM under Korea time zone?
  • EletharElethar Member Posts: 1
    Just a few more hours....! *excited*
  • SmallishSmallish Member Posts: 10
    I'd like to take a moment and thank all of those who have been working on this BG: EE!! I can't express the joy I felt when I saw the news of an EE, after staring at the countdown (a few months ago), it's just not possible!! My computer didn't want to cooperate with my BG discs, no matter what I did. *insert sadface*
    I played BG even before I could read english :P 'twas not easy, and even though my english is not the best in the present, I believe a lot of the dialogues in BG taught me more about the english language than TV did haha! BG also reminds me about my grandfather, may he rest in peace, who bought the first game to me (without really knowing what it was haha! :P)
    In short, I truly love Baldur's Gate and I will, without a doubt, definitely love the Enhanced Edition.

Thank you! <3
    MoiraLedroEletharDjimmy
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2012
    What time is it unlocked? I thought 7am PST; 1pm MST is 9am PST; Thanks guys for your hard work!
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Hopefully there will be no problems with the servers. Thanks all for the re-releasing!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'm happy as well with the Enhanced Edition and while we've yet to experience what it's like, the Overhaul team did a wonderful job, working for over a year getting all thumbs up from all those owning some part of the original game, working nearly a year in completing building the Enhanced Edition. And what they also did well is both being very dedicated to the job and creating an atmosphere among us of both anticipation (with the baldursgate.com site getting online with nothing but an image and hints hidden in the html-code for example) and involvement (the way they got the modding community to participate as another example).

Good job and thanks!
    Smallish
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    God I do hope there's game play intro within the game. I looked at the playing manual (pdf file) but the font is devastating on my eyes
    Eplachta