Skip to content

retina?

On an ipad3 will the graphics be retina resolution? Or scaled up?

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    As far as I understand, the Interface will scale perfectly, while the other graphics use a new algorithm to scale up the graphics. I guess we'll have to judge the results.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    edited November 2012
    From the FAQ:

"1) Improved user interface. The old Baldur's Gate interface was created around 640x480 resolution. We are going in and re-writing the UI system to work for multiple larger resolutions and we are using the iPad 3 (at 2048x1536) as one of our target resolutions."

and:

"BG:EE natively supports high resolutions in 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 format up to 2880x1800. All original art assets, including sprites and background art, will be upscaled in real time to adapt to the chosen screen resolution without incurring visual artifacts (e.g. shrinking, stretching, etc.). Cutmull-Rom Bicubic filtering will be used to ensure that all supported resolutions display sharp graphics."

So yes, @space_hamster is correct.
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    I cannot wait until the next week -_- first Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn on PS3 now BGEE on Ipad I'm cursed T_T
  • luzkunluzkun Member Posts: 4
    Wait what DLC for skyrim? where did it say that i have been waiting for it for far to long tho not almost as long as this game for Ipad :)