Skip to content

Cheat Console?

I hate to be "that guy" but somebody has to be.

How to enable cheats and the CLUAConsole in BGEE ?

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Baldur.ini is in the windows documents folder.... different syntax for the file though
    diggerbJason_Silverain
  • DetDet Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2012
    I tried using the same format as the ini but it did nothing. *shrug* This is what I tried below.
    'Game Options', 'Cheats', '1'
    @Det hmm... I was about to try that... maybe Debug Mode instead of Cheats?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    It's easier to edit with Wordpad, than Notepad.

I put the following:

'Game Options', 'Extra Combat Info', '1',

But it's not working.

I need to find out what this (9-8) 1 dmg I'm getting on my 3-8 damage Monk is from.

*edit* I think it's from doing 9 damage, but -8 because it takes the rat below 0 HP.
    Elendar
    @Elendar I tried DebugMode, Debug Mode, Debug, and CLUA so far as well. No effect.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2012
    open Baldur.ini with Wordpad and add:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Ctrl + space still brings up the console but I haven't tried any of the cheats.
    Ctrl + Shift + 8 doesn't seem to work anymore on character creation though...
    DeeAlesthesSCARY_WIZARDreddwarf
    Aye, what Mera said.... Just did Program Options instead of Game Options and the max-stats cheat worked for me.
    @Mera Ah, thank you. I was about to try that too. :D
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    edited November 2012
    Mera said:

That worked, but make sure you're not in the game when you make the edit or when you exit it will overwrite your changes to baldur.ini .
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    So, I used the Beamdog client to download the game and I can't find a baldur.ini folder....where did it get put?
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    diggerb said:

Mera said:

Ctrl + space still brings up the console but I haven't tried any of the cheats.

That worked, but make sure you're not in the game when you make the edit or when you exit it will overwrite your changes to baldur.ini .
    Ok, I was good, that was just my French keyboard being fucked up...
    Had to switch to Qwerty (Alt + Shift) to get the command to work ;)
    Cyhort said:

So, I used the Beamdog client to download the game and I can't find a baldur.ini folder....where did it get put?

It will be in your "Documents" folder, "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition"
    HaHaCharade
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Mera said:

It's just CTRL + 8

FlauschigAlesthes
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, has anyone gotten CLUA commands to work? I tried Cheats:ExploreArea(); to clean up the water area I couldn't walk by but I just got a lua error.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You need to type CLUAConsole:ExploreArea()
    @Shin Ah, I see. Thank you very much.
  • IluvatarIluvatar Member Posts: 30
    Is there a way to decrease 1 stat bij 1? I made a mistake, my char has strength 12 but needs 13 for Flails (I forgot). He already has proficiencies for flails too. So I just want to CLUA in a tome of strength and be fair so take away 1 point of his other stats.
  • CassiopeiaCassiopeia Member Posts: 14
    @Iluvatar
    The stats are a result of rolls, so the amount of points you get varies anyway. Odds are that you didn't get the maximum possible, so even if you add one point to be able to wield flails, you're not above any fair-point-quota, because there is no top limit, it's just determined by rolls, so it's a bell curve. 1 extra point is not that much less likely than whatever you made your character with.

Besides, Unless you're playing multi-player or comparing your achievements with others, there's nothing unfair with having 18s in everything because the only person effected by that is you (unless it bothers you to have less challenge, in which case I guess that's unfair to yourself).

In which case: I don't think there's a cheat to lower stats, but if ShadowKeeper works with BG:EE, that will allow you to edit all stats.
  • IluvatarIluvatar Member Posts: 30
    The thing is, I want to roll with the numbers that I got. I have always done so, so it's fair to myself.
  • CassiopeiaCassiopeia Member Posts: 14
    Then using ShadowKeeper is the only way that I know of, though I don't know if it's been updated to work with BG:EE yet. Also, I've never used the console stat cheats, but sometimes if you use the value "-1", it'll take one stat away. It works in other systems, but I've never tried it with BG, so I'm not sure.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I used the Cheat Console to replace the Silver Necklace you get from the Candlekeep Inn. If you take it and then leave Candlekeep, it vanishes from your inventory. Yes I'm that OCD that I have to have this 5g trinket, lol.
    ZinodinSCARY_WIZARD
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    I just found a bug that trapped one of my characters if it wasn't for the teleport command I would of had to replay the whole cloudpeak temple section.
  • jmkarlssonjmkarlsson Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2013
    I have tried to copy 'Program Options','Debug Mode','1', into my baldur.ini file and every time I start the game the consule isn't working and when I look in the baldur,ini file afterwards the line is deleted this is very annoying ps I use windows 7 64 bit
    Post edited by jmkarlsson on

I have tried to copy 'Program Options','Debug Mode','1', into my baldur.ini file and every time I start the game the consule isn't working and when I look in the baldur,ini file afterwards the line is deleted this is very annoying ps I use windows 7 64 bit

I had this problem at first too, but then I discovered you must be completely out of BGEE when you edit baldur.ini . If you edit the file while the game is running it will not read the file, and it will overwrite it with the current settings from your Options screens. The line needs to be there when you launch.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

If what @diggerb said isn't the issue, try setting your .ini file to read only. Right-click>properties>checkbox near the bottom.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Bhaalspawn use cheats?

I just wanted to give myself a Bag of Holding for a solo playthrough.

Edit: And besides, having completing ToB without cheats has granted my character certain... powers. I can now cheat as much as I want and be fully within my role-play.
    Post edited by diggerb on
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Bhaaldog said:

Bhaalspawn use cheats?

There's plenty of uses for the console that I wouldn't consider cheating. For me the biggest one is ctrl+j (teleport). Really useful when you want to get somewhere on a map that you've already explored. It really provides no advantage other than saving you a few minutes watching you party stroll across the map.
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2013
    Quick question - can you just change it to 'Debug Mode', '0', if you want to turn off the console/ cheats, or do you have to remove the Debug Mode line entirely from your baldur.ini file?

I'd like to have that lovely Elven Chain that Dorotea is supposed to drop, but don't want the temptation to commit further acts of cheating. I very much like the Ctrl+J and ExploreArea() commands, but it's just too tempting to Ctrl+R to heal/resurrect my party instead of reloading and trying a fight over again.

-Blue
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Changing it to 0 should turn it off, yes.