Skip to content

Blank Screen

I launch the game and it just shows a blank screen. The music is playing in the background and it soundslike things are being clicked when I click around the screen
I am using a year old Dell XPS 15z with a Raedon GT 525M

Comments

• Wizeman4everWizeman4ever Member Posts: 16
    There are several of us, at least...
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    I also have this same issue, using a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7
    Me too, Toshiba, Windows 8. So, I can assume backward compatability will do nothing.
  • FattyBolgerFattyBolger Member Posts: 4
    I see 3-4 other threads on the same topic now as well. No official response yet sadly
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Same problem on my laptop using Windows 7. (I have no problem on my main computer which is Windows Vista)
    Are we suffering from the Intel snag? It's frustrating that there's no settings tool...
  • FattyBolgerFattyBolger Member Posts: 4
    Fixed. Went into the NVIdia utility, manually added the game's exe and set it to use the card for the game
    ...I don't have NVidia. Nurts.
    Okay. Fixed it. I opened the Intel and Media Control Panel, clicked 3D, Custom Settings, and changed Anisotropic Filtering to 8x, Vertex Processing to Enable Software Processing, and Vertical Sync to On!
    Okay. Fixed it. I opened the Intel and Media Control Panel, clicked 3D, Custom Settings, and changed Anisotropic Filtering to 8x, Vertex Processing to Enable Software Processing, and Vertical Sync to On!
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    I tried that Wize and no fix yet, any other ideas?
    Tried that as well, Wize., still getting white screen.
    OK, it works now. Thanks!
  • ElOnzoElOnzo Member Posts: 1
    i had to change video setting from 32bits color to 16bits to make it work.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    right-click on Baldur.exe and chose "disable desktop composition"
  • UlaireUlaire Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone of You guys fixed the blank screen problem on Vista?
  • UlaireUlaire Member Posts: 2
    By blank I meant black
  • EvvEvv Member Posts: 17
    Bump! Having the same issue here :/
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    ElOnzo said:

i had to change video setting from 32bits color to 16bits to make it work.

I'm pretty sure that's not a proper solution.

• Minsc777Minsc777 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem but fixed it myself. From the Baldurs Gate beginning part, click on Configure and click on Graphics on the left. Under 3D options make sure they are NOT checked. Especially 3D Acceleration.
  • PinkertinPinkertin Member Posts: 3
    I had the same problem, but I was able to fix it without changing those Graphics settings mentioned above. I didn't have any speakers, so no audio drivers when I started the game up. I randomly plugged in headphones and started the game and it worked like a charm! So if you don't have any speakers plug some in and it might fix some of y'all's problems