Skip to content

[BUG] Stores display < ITEMCOST > rather than the actual price.

FoerthanFoerthan Member Posts: 23
edited February 2013 in Fixed
All items in stores (player's inventory, shop inventory, beer, etc.) display "< ITEMCOST > GP" (no spaces) rather than an actual numeric price.

The only odd thing I can think of is that I run in Japanese locale, though I wouldn't think that should affect anything.

System: Windows 7 64-bit
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• FoerthanFoerthan Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2012
    Apparently the forums ate the tags. It displays < ITEMCOST >.

Edit: Updated the first post. Sorry.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    No, it's the Japanese locale. I had the same problem and once I switched the locale from Japanese to English the problem went away. You'll need to restart the computer when prompted.
    Really? Wow. I'll be restarting my computer a lot then until they fix this =/
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I don't know if it's something that can really be 'fixed'. Windows is reading symbols differently in English and Japanese locales... like it's supposed to. There might be nothing that can be changed to prevent this from happening.
    The problem doesn't exist in vanilla BG or BG2, so it's something they've done in BG:EE. It may not be something they deem worth fixing, but it's certainly not impossible.
  • Syao_ranSyao_ran Member Posts: 13
    Running on japanese locale here too. I would also like a fix since changing locale and rebooting every time i want to play bgee is a pain. >_>
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    This went straight to the devs bug tracker. Thanks for the report!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Hi guys, I just fixed this on my machine. I switched my AppLocale region back from Japan to English, and now it works fine :)
  • EchohawkEchohawk Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Every store I've gone to so far displays "< ITEMCOST >" (without spaces) instead of the cost of the item.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • EchohawkEchohawk Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Never mind, supposedly it's because my system locale is set to Japanese.
    Post edited by Echohawk on
  • ZanmaZanma Member Posts: 10
    Can this please get fixed, since I'm in Japan of course my system locale is set to Japanese. I shouldn't have to switch locales to play one game.
  • ilovexydilovexyd Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    System:Windows 7 32bit
    System language:Chinese
    Bugs:Buy/Sell any item not display the correct costs of the item but [Item cost]
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • ZanmaZanma Member Posts: 10
    Same problem with Japanese as the locale.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This bug is already registered, and indeed connected to the locale.
  • Mormegil1104Mormegil1104 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Whenever I go to a shop to buy something there is no price showing next to the name of the item
    all I get is Example: Club- GP

considering you put so much effort in the making(or enhancing) of this game (or at least you claim to have done so)...such blunders on such an essential part of the game are unforgivable.
    Post edited by Coriander on
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    i have the same problem.. i think mine says something like <itemprice were it should show.. I can however press the item and it shows me the price...no idea how to fix it though sry
    edited November 2012
    What is your system locale? The problem is a known issue for Japanese and Chinese locales already.
    @Zeckul
    ye nice that fixed it
    @etagloc What was your system locale?

@Zeckul
    Japanese switched to Danish
  • nickliewnickliew Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    Hi, been having problem where items in shop shown "item name" but no price given.
    great now I'm gonna have to change locales every time my gf uses the pc....
    anyway thanks for the help

any chance this problem will be fixed? constantly having to switch locales is not really a solution to this ,rather a crude temporary patch up, hope a fix comes out soon.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Mormegil1104

Have you tried the language bar that comes with office, rather than setting system locale? that's how most multilingual families deal with it in my experience.
    agris said:

@Mormegil1104

Have you tried the language bar that comes with office, rather than setting system locale? that's how most multilingual families deal with it in my experience.

Unfortunately I ain't got office (bought this pc mostly for gaming and the need for office never came up)
    also having to buy a 100$ - 200$ program just to make a 20$ game work as it's supposed....is not what anyone would call a fix

anyway thanks for your suggestion all the same,perhaps in the distant future I won't have to keep changing locales using that method.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    Belt of Antipode (Identified magic Item) only worth 1GP at the store? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

any chance this problem will be fixed? constantly having to switch locales is not really a solution to this ,rather a crude temporary patch up, hope a fix comes out soon.

Overhaul is aware of the issue and will hopefully provide a fix in an upcoming patch.

• tsondaboytsondaboy Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2012
    I am not sure if this is a bug or it is reported already.
    When I open the items inventory of any store/temple there is this ASCI text appearing inside the item description: < ITEMCOST >

For example:

Potion of Healing-< ITEMCOST > GP (20)
    Battle Axe-< ITEMCOST > GP (4)

Also I the price for drinks is not listed in the taverns, I only see something like this:

Blood Wine-< ITEMCOST > GP

Looks like the universal variable ITEMCOST (?) is placed twice within the code or commented out or something?

• DoctorJDoctorJ Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Korean windows 7 64bit
    as soon as I started BG:EE multiplayer mode I entered CandleKeep Inn and I coudn't see the item prices as this

Photobucket

P.S single play did like this too
    Post edited by DoctorJ on
  • lain2501lain2501 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2012
    It's a minor issue.

Instead of having the item cost when I want to buy something, i do have " < ITEMCOST > "
    I have to click on the item so it would show down left. Maybe I need a screenshot or you guys understood what I meant?

How do I resolve that?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • tsondaboytsondaboy Member Posts: 12
    Thats exactly what I was getting too.
    I changed the Unicode settings to play BG and now have problems with the rest of the programs installed.