Skip to content

[BUG] Stores display < ITEMCOST > rather than the actual price.

2»

Comments

• SeikaSeika Member Posts: 3
    Current Behaviour:

(Link to bigger version, for clarity)

Expected behaviour: I might actually be able to see how much each item costs? You know, that little convenience?

So, yeah. < ITEMCOST > appears instead of the actual price, for both myself and Winthrop's store. I'll see about other shops too when I can.

Running the latest patch (.2009)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Well based on the items you have selected in your own inventory, it appears that the price total is still being correctly displayed at the bottom. So it would seem that you could check how much something costs by simply highlighting it and looking at the cost total, at least until a proper fix is available.
  • TokieTokie Member Posts: 18
    This problem occurs for people who is running Japanese unicode in thier OS at the moment. Changing it to English will allow you to see gold prices. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    this bug is related to your windows system locale (the language u use for non-unicode programs)
    the only solution right now is change the locale to English, then it will display proper cost
    Cheers, people. :)
  • brayxbrayx Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I have the same issue. There are no item prices listed, only < ITEMCOST >. I have to click the item and look at the total price tally at the bottom of the list to know what something costs. Not sure it would help, but I wish there was some way I could upload my dxdiag into my post.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    if the new patch didn't fix this yet..
    then the only solution is to change you windows system locale to English setting.
  • lain2501lain2501 Member Posts: 12
    Hummm, i'm gonna try this even though i think it's already set up this way, let you know asap.
  • AlcevrousAlcevrous Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Where the cost of items would appear, I only get "{ITEMCOST}", and the only way I can find out the price is by clicking it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Edit: } and { are > and <, it just won't show up in my post after I type it, probably 'cause html stuff.
  • brayxbrayx Member Posts: 2
    Confirmed that Junk11's solution works. Just did it on my own pc. I had my system locale set to Japanese because... Japan. Switching it back to English fixed this problem. Here's how in case you don't know/remember:

Windows 7:

1. Go to the Start Menu, and then Control Panel
    2. Go to Clock, Language, and Region settings
    3. Under the Region and Language heading, click on Change Keyboards or Other Input Methods
    4. Click on the Administrative tab
    5. Click on the Change System Locale... button
    6. Choose English(United States) or English(Canada) or English(wherever-you-are-from)
    7. Click OK
    8. Restart your computer
    9. Launch BGEE and enjoy

Cheers!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Known problem about locale. Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
    I'm sure one patch will fix this, eventually.
    Until that, change your locale if you can.
  • AlcevrousAlcevrous Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much! I'll do this right away.
  • lain2501lain2501 Member Posts: 12
    Alright, thanks, this thread should be bold :)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    This appears to be fixed for me as of build 2010. Can someone else confirm?
    It is probably fixed in r2010.
    Even after the update, both a current and new game still have the bug, I'm afraid.

http://imgur.com/xDIVf
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Not fixed. Using the latest patch.
  • eternalityeternality Member Posts: 1
    Please fix this bug, for some of us changing the locale is not an option.
  • BENVILHAVENBENVILHAVEN Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, that would be a pain, though i once had a game throw a geoblocking error, and I resolved it by changing localles, it can be handy sometime, though i thought this was fixed somewhere....
  • HappysinHappysin Member Posts: 3
    ++ on fixing this. I just bought and downloaded the game this morning, and it was a cause for concern for me to see this right off the bat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • n00bfishn00bfish Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    Current behavior: I can't see item prices in shops. Instead, the store interface displays the name of each item followed just by the word "< ITEMCOST >"

Expected behavior: I should be able to see the costs of items in shops.

Anyone have a solution to this?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    This problem has been reported for Japanese, Chinese and Korean system locales.
    Fixed in 2013
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    What a good news , eventually it has been fixed for "itemcost" which is a obviously bug,
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Patch 2014 fixed this.