Skip to content

Help Modding in Custom Portraits to BG:EE Please!!!

RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
I remember being able to mod in my custom pictures into BG 1&2 much easier the first around. It seems a little different now though, either that or I've completely forgotten how and what to do...lol.

I found the "Portrait.bif" file located in "\Data\00766\data". Now, how do I open it? Is there a tool currently that works? I'd very much like to add me and my wife's pictures to the game. Any help is much appreciated and if this thread goes well we can all use it as a "How To", at least as far as portraits go.

I already know about custom pixel sizes and correct color setting and all that. I just need the basics of either getting into the ".bif" files or how to make a over-ride folder work with this version.

Thanks in advanced for any help :)

Comments

• MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    Check in your Documents folder for the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition folder. In there, create a new folder called Portraits. Put your new portraits in that folder. Done.
    RavenX
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    @Mirenheart Thank You :) , I didn't even think of the "my docs"...doh..lol.

Did they change file sizes/resolutions and all that? I knew the old ones, not sure about the new ones. Thanks again for the help.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    @Mirenheart much appreciated again. I actually used the search function before posting this thread and either didn't see that post or couldn't find it. Might have been a boner move on my searching skills these days lol.

I'm rather good with photoshop if you'd like any portraits made. Once I get it going I'll have NP cranking them out for anyone who wants something custom (depending on my time and what it is you want ofc).