Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

Comments

• RRTSReaperRRTSReaper Member Posts: 16
    Loving the 13kb/s download speed. Taken 3 hrs to download 80MB. Might want to look into a better distribution method than Beamdog for next time.

That said, its got 5mins to go AND I"M VERY EXCITED! :D
  • Jollysmurf007Jollysmurf007 Member Posts: 3
    Well up to now mines working fine and just done my first part of my lets play ;-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BbfeeiH09E
  • kazrobkazrob Member Posts: 18
    Assburgers, really? I preinstalled and it took less than an hour to get the first 1.7gb or whatever it was. Now I'm downloading the "patch" and I'm at almost 4 hours now to get the last 100mb I needed.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    kazrob said:

Assburgers, really? I preinstalled and it took less than an hour to get the first 1.7gb or whatever it was. Now I'm downloading the "patch" and I'm at almost 4 hours now to get the last 100mb I needed.

You're lucky, I did the predownload and mine won't even start "patching," still the "getting info..." stuff :P

• gabilturghgabilturgh Member Posts: 25
    I keep hitting the "pre-load complete" and nothing is happening, already restarted the pc and nothing!
  • SubzoeySubzoey Member Posts: 19
    I had to let the screen sit for a few minutes on my lap top before it let me click the preload complete button
  • TieokenTieoken Member Posts: 23
    So, call me old fashioned, but I love this game. It was in every sense imaginable my childhood, including the tedious loading of the discs. Is there any way I can buy a disc set?
  • MEPH1ST0MEPH1ST0 Member Posts: 2
    mszag said:

That reminds me a Witcher 2 premiere for whom bought collector's editions. We had to have special access to game day before anyone else. In fact i could play 2 days after official premiere. LOL. The same seems to have place here. As for Witcher I've finally played 15 minutes and drop it, bad taste remained.

I would suggest you give witcher 2 another go, once you get the hang on the controls, and get past the prologue part.. one of the greatest rpg's ever made...
    Subzoey said:

I had to let the screen sit for a few minutes on my lap top before it let me click the preload complete button

I'm letting it sit...but after 4 hours trying to play I'm almost asking for my money back, I pre-ordered it so I wouldn't have this kind of problems...
    Cut seens are WAYY better that what I was led to believe they'd be. Fantastic UI as well!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tieoken said:

So, call me old fashioned, but I love this game. It was in every sense imaginable my childhood, including the tedious loading of the discs. Is there any way I can buy a disc set?

Sadly, no, and it is not likely to happen.
  • DoomBlackDragonDoomBlackDragon Member Posts: 4
    So when do I get this 100 mb patch?
    edited November 2012

Subzoey said:

I'm letting it sit...but after 4 hours trying to play I'm almost asking for my money back, I pre-ordered it so I wouldn't have this kind of problems...
    You could also try deleting the 766.beam and 766.status files in the data folder and then running the launcher. I did this but Im not sure if it was necessary.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Same problem as @alaundo game crashes straight after pressing Play button. Im using windows 7 as well and i have same report. Any help??
    I gave it up...uninstalled and started re-downloading again! I'm going to bed, since my wife is looking p... with me, if I can't get it working tomorrow I'LL WANT MY MONEY BACK!
  • SabremSabrem Member Posts: 2
    I pre-loaded and now it says 63 days until download is complete... what the? :( Download is going at 50b/s. I just want to play it! GAHHHH
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Khamill said:

Same problem as @alaundo game crashes straight after pressing Play button. Im using windows 7 as well and i have same report. Any help??

Someone said something about updating drivers someone else said run in compatibility mode which worked for me initially then when I finished make character and went to finally start playing it froze and now I can't launch anymore
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    Works great thanks overhaul ;*
  • StinkyorcStinkyorc Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I appear to have everything downloaded. I have the 'start' button on beamdog client. but nothing happens when I click it. how do you start the game?
  • kstef4nkstef4n Member Posts: 1
    Stinkyorc said:

I appear to have everything downloaded. I have the 'start' button on beamdog client. but nothing happens when I click it. how do you start the game?

Install OpenAL.
  • kszatankszatan Member Posts: 8
    Still downloading. I'm really, really disappointed with the release. I pre-ordered more than two months ago and got nothing that I would not normally get. After 4hrs of downloading "1.8GB of 1.8GB" I can as well go to sleep and see if it downloaded tomorrow in the evening.
    I will most certainly not pre-order BG2:EE.
  • TieokenTieoken Member Posts: 23
    I hate to preach from one side of the fence, but we have been waiting for this game with an intense degree of fervor, most of us following it since the project announcement. Almost everyone understood taking an extra two months to finish, but I feel like the game should be downloading by now a little bit faster and with fewer glitches. Fairly disappointed, hopefully the game play doesn't follow suit. Though it's hard to taint perfection.
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    I just changed the download location in the BeamDog client after having played a bit. It instantly wiped the entire BGEE folder, including saves, as far as I know. Plus I have to redownload the whole thing. Unless someone knows where my saves might have gone...? If not, absolutely terrible. A word of caution.
    Edit: Found the save games, so that's alright. But BGEE still to be redownloaded.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Eh, I'm a little disappointed that I have to download anything (and that it's going so slowly) since I preordered and preloaded, but I'm still just really happy the game was made at all.
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46

Khamill said:

Someone said something about updating drivers someone else said run in compatibility mode which worked for me initially then when I finished make character and went to finally start playing it froze and now I can't launch anymore
    I have exactly the same issue!

Sometimes I crash to a Windows error message that reports an error with the atioglxx.dll (ATI GL drivers, I think), sometimes I just get a black screen which totally freezes my computer. I tried to start in compatibility mode and had the very same experience: game started but froze after character creation.

I have a laptop equipped with a more than decent ATI card. I repeatedly updated my drives, but to no effect.

I am starting to lose hope about this. Really a bummer after a 20$ pre-order and much excitement... :(
  • alexwbyrdalexwbyrd Member Posts: 1
    Well to be honest with you all I don't think I'll be picking this one up after all unless the game stability issues are fixed that so many people have been reporting about. Given even if I got it I wouldn't be playing it anyway (crazy I know) cause I'm playing through all the forgotten realms RPGs in chronological story order:

Icewind Dale 1 and Heart of Winter Expansion
    Icewind Dale 2
    Planescape Torment
    BALDUR'S GATE
    Baldur's Gate 2 and all subsequent expansions
    Neverwinter Nights and all subsequent expansions
    Neverwinter Nights 2 and all subsequent expansions

So yeah I have a bit to go seeing as I'm still on Icewind Dale 1 right now. Sorry Mr. Ostler and company but it seems I may not invest in your product after all ;(
  • Brilliant, looks great and interface feels as good as it always did but tweaked in just the right way! good bye next few weeks of my life!
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't want to sleep tonight!
    It's super! XD
    Thx!
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    Completed the pre download. Tried to fully download the balance of the files and the patch but the download speed is that of an arthritic snail. So I have given up for tonight and will try again tomorrow. I now note that there may be performance issues if and when I get to launch the game. Not the most encouraging experience so far but will see what tomorrow brings.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    I cant even get the Dl client to work anymore... tried both..this is so weak... really bad bad bad..2'd time i took free time from work to play with game..2'd time it was wasted.